Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Suddenly trenitalia is not including regional trains

Apr 29th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

I'm trying to reserve an evening train from Rome to Levanto. The trenitalia website is not listing regional train service after June 10. Anyone know what is going on?
There seems to be a page in Italian only for regional service. I don't know much Italian so can't make much sense of it.

Anyone know what is going on?
Apr 29th, 2007, 12:00 PM

I have a friend who has been trying to book EuroStar and Alta Velocita trains (it is 50 days prior to departure) with no luck.

Morning EuroStar trains from Venice to Florence as well as morning trains from Florence to Rome are not listed.

This has been going on for a week now. I can read Italian and there's nothing different on the Italian web site version.

My friend called Budget Europe this past Friday, and they confirmed that they also are unable to "see" those particular trains on their computers.

Maybe Trenitalia has been working on the web site making changes to the times and/or prices.

Right now, patience is a virtue.
Apr 29th, 2007, 12:00 PM

There have been other very recent posts about "problems" with Trenitalia's site not listing trains after a certain date and that has been attributed by some here to the possible non-loading of Summer schedules.

If you are willing to do a search for Trenitalia here I am sure those other threads will come up and you can judge for yourself if this "explanation" is satisfying enough.
Apr 29th, 2007, 12:06 PM

For a number of reasons they don't have all the runs up until about 30 days before, which is plenty of time to buy tickets ahead. You can get an idea of schedules by checking the same day of the week within 30 days.
Apr 29th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Thank you!