Search

Stuttgart hotels in July

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2003, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuttgart hotels in July

Hey all,
I've beentrying to find info on hotels in Stuttgart but can't seem to find much here.
We'll be in Stuttgart for one night in July. We plan to do the Porsche Factory tour the next day at 9:50 am. I understand that the factory is in the Zuffenhausen area of Stuttgart.
Does anyone have any hotel recs for us? It's gonna be four of us. A three star is fine or even a bed and breakfast. We'd like to see the main highlights of Stuttgart as well so we'd kind of like to be near a train station so we can get from place to place relatively quickly. We'll be driving into Stuttgart from Munich but doubt that we'll want to drive around in Stuttgart.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Old May 13th, 2003, 11:09 AM

Hi,

My favourite hotel in Stuttgart is "Hotel am Schlossgarten". It's immediately opposite the station. Make sure you get a room with a view over the park.
You could check the following which has some special offers:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...rttemberg.html

Additionally "Hotel Reiker" is also by the station. (2-3 star I should think)
"Hotel Graf Zeppelin" is next door, but is very posh, so probably expensive, too. Check Google for all 3.

Old May 14th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Lucyblue I'll definitely check those sites out!
...anyone else? What's driving like in Stuttgart?
Old May 14th, 2003, 01:42 PM

The Porsche factory is in the north area of Stuttgart. We did the tour last year. We stayed in Heidelberg the night before and drove down that morning. It worked out great. We left the wives in Heidelberg to shop, the guys went to see the cars. Good tour, you will enjoy it.

Stuttgart driving is not too bad. Just like any large city. I lived there in the 70s while in the Army and never really had any problems. They have a nice downtown and the old main street is now a walking area.

Whatever hotel you get, find the Porsche tour location on a map before you book. The factory is in an industrial area north of town and you do not want to book south of town. Heidelberg is a quaint area and only about 45 minutes to 1 hour to the factory.
Old May 14th, 2003, 03:35 PM

The Hotel at Schlossgarten is excellent, but not 3*** it is higher. It is absolutely next to the railway station and right in the center of town. Even if I sound awful, there is not much to see in Stuttgart as the whole town has been rebuilt after the war. Try booking thru the tourist office Stuttgart you may get very good conditions as everybody leaves for summer holidays and there are few business travellers.
Old May 14th, 2003, 03:40 PM

http://stuttgart-tourist.de/deutsch/...omaterial.html
Try this and find someone who speaks German.
Old May 14th, 2003, 07:26 PM

I hope I'm right that the Intercontinental where we're staying in early July is close to the train station. We got a rate of 138 euro per night for a deluxe room with breakfast on the Intercontinental web site.
Old May 15th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Much thanks folks.
Question again...can we get to the Fatory by train? The person who booked the tickets told us that there is absolutely no parking at the factory/museum or anywhere nearby. So we have planned to try and leave the car in town and train it to the factory if possible.
Anybody?
Old May 17th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

ttt