Stuart or Royal Eagle Hotel in London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for an inexpensive hotel in center of London. I've found these two, but can't find an objective review of either. Does anyone know anything about them?
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 11:05 AM

I'll be staying at the Royal Eagle in a few weeks and was given this info from another message board - (The question I had posted was regarding early check-in at the Royal Eagle)-<BR>&quot;I stayed there in 2000. It is a good hotel on Craven Road in Paddington. Watch out for the grumpy late-night clerk. I would call or email the hotel and ask if you can request an early check-in. If the answer is no, ask about holding your luggage. They should say yes. We were able to get an early check-in at 10 a.m., so you may not find a problem&quot;.<BR><BR>Hope this helps!
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 09:38 AM
adoptionisfab

BadKitty, How was the Royal Eagle?

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 12:11 PM

I'm not BadKitty, but you may find this input useful. I stayed at the Royal Eagle earlier this year. I booked a single room, but the desk clerk on duty when I checked in announced that they were upgrading me to a double because I was going to be staying with them for &quot;so long&quot; (7 nights). The room was clean and comfortable, but don't expect anything fancy. Breakfast was included, but was totally forgettable. (Beverages, toast, and assorted cold cereals.) No problems with any of the front desk staff--they were friendly and helpful. The location is good for transportation connections, since it's just a few minutes away from the Paddington train station and tube station and there are lots of buses.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 12:16 PM
adoptionisfab

Thanks clean and safe are the most important things to me.