"Stockholm Pass" - worth it?

Old Jan 29th, 2019, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Stockholm Pass" - worth it?

Hello Fodorites! I am traveling with my (86 yr old) mother to Sweden and Denmark in May and June. Our first 5 nights will be in Stockholm. Has anyone ever bought the "Stockholm Pass"? It looks like it covers HOHO busses and boats as well as many museums and sights (Vasa, Nobel, Palace, etc.) A three day pass will cost around $120 per person. It seems like a good deal, but I can't really tell if it is worth it. Does anyone have any experience with it?
Many thanks!
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 03:59 PM

It depends on how much of those activities you're planning on doing. When I priced out the individual things I wanted to do, it made more sense for me to buy individual tickets plus a Travelcard (for train and buses). In order to get the pass's worth I would have had to cram many activities into each day for X amount of days which seemed unpleasant.
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll do the same. My mother is an energetic 86, but she still is 86 and tires easily. I'm not sure we would want to have more than two museums a day, for instance.
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 09:32 AM

Yes, you need to price out what you want to visit to see if it makes sense for you. For us, it was about breakeven so we purchased them to save the hassle of purchasing tickets at each place which saved us time in line. At Vasa, they had a separate line for Pass holders.

The transit card is definitely worth it as it covers all transportation--subway, buses, trams, ferries

Now, the Copenhagen Card is a complete no-brainer. It is a big cost saver especially because it also covers transit including all trains in Zeeland.