Reload this Page >

Steiff Bear Tours

Search

Steiff Bear Tours

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Michael

Steiff Bear Tours

Has anyone been to Giengen Germany and toured the Steiff Bear Factory. I really don't know if it is possible but if it is has anyone had the opportunity.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 12:41 PM
christina

27-30 June is the centennial anniversary. They are having a festival...check out http://shop.steiff.de <BR>or call +49 (0) 6128 970927<BR><BR>There is a museum but I don't have any info on the factory. Hope this helps a little.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 02:04 PM
KT

A friend of mine who is a serious Steiff collector, has gone to collector conventions, etc., tells me that the last she heard you can't tour the factory unless you've got some serious connections. About twenty years ago, a Steiff staffer (say that three times quickly) walked her through part of the factory on the way to their repair shop to get her turtle re-shelled, but that they're not even doing repairs like that any more. However, she says that the museum is just fantastic for Steiff-lovers.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Mike

Thanks for the infor. I wonder if they have a shop connected to the Museum? There doesn't seem to be many Steiff Bear collectors out there who ventured to Giengen. I would admitt why go there if you don't collect the bears.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Kathy

We go to the Giegen Steiff factory outlet on each trip to Germany. It is very nice, clean (what in Germany isn't?) and the mechandise neatly displayed in bins and shelves. The prices are extremely good and they FINALLY take credit cards after years of cash only.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Gretchen

Where is Giengen? Near? Thanks.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Michael

Message: Kathy, thanks my wife will go nuts. You made a shopper really happy and a husband really poor. We'll be there in Oct. Gretchen, Giengen is south of Wurzburg about 150k.