Search

ferrari and ducati

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ferrari and ducati

Hello,

Has anyone been to Italy to visit either of the above museums or factories? According to the website, I am unable to go to the actual Ferrari showroom/factory unless I obtain an invitation from a Ferrari dealership here in the states, VERY UNLIKELY!
The Ducati museum also offers tours of their factory though. Does anyone have any suggestions. I really am not certain it is worth the airfare or train fare from Paris to get to these if we cannot really see Ferrari.
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 12:21 PM

There is a Ferrari Museum, open to the public for 12 euro, right next to the factory (visit there must be arranged by a Ferrari dealer, if not a current Ferrari owner).
See http://www.galleria.ferrari.com/Gall...rari/index.jsp

Ducati Museum and factory tour are open to the public, but you need to book in advance:
http://www.ducati.com/heritage/museo/introduzione.jhtml
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Yes, thank you Alec. I saw that online, good info. My boyfriend owns 2 Ducati's and 8 other kinds of motorcycles as he races them but it would be the ultimate to get him into the Ferrari factory I have reached out to friends 6 deep and wide who might own a Ferrari or know someone who owns one in order to obtain an invitation but no luck
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 01:31 PM

DH and I visited Ferrari, Ducati, and Lamborghini in the summer of 2005. We were able to schedule tours at both Ducati and Lamborghini by calling in advance (at least two months before we left). At Lamborghini, we were told it would depend upon the crowd as to what we would be able to see. A tour group got turned away from the factory.
Ferrari is an entirely different story. We tried scheduling by calling the factory directly and via a dealer. In both cases we were told that in order to tour the Ferrari factory you must own not one but two Ferraris! Although, we did meet a nice couple at Il Cavallino (the restaurant across the street from the Ferrari factory at which many Ferrari workers lunch)who got a factory tour owning just one Ferrari and having ordered a second.
Ferrari is much more popular than Lamborghini and Ducati, especially because of their racing presence. Ferrari is very strict about security. In looking for the museum, I accidentally tried to enter the factory grounds and was met at the first security gate by two uniformed men who quickly pointed me in the direction of the museum.
Even though we didn't get to see the factory, we still enjoyed Maranello. The museum, the test track, and the Ferraris being driven up and down the various streets is exciting for an enthusiast. However, I don't know if it is enough to warrant a special trip from Paris. I would work it into an Italian vacation.
Alternately, if you have lots of money to spend and don't mind group tours there are plenty of enthusiast clubs that operate tours that will provide access to the factories. Just make sure they are taking you to the factory and not the museum. Anyone can pay to go to the museum on their own.
http://www.finesthotels.net/ferrari/program5.php
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 06:45 PM

First you only need to own one Ferrari to get a tour but it must be arranged through Ferrari USA and they are booked months and months in advance. Every few month they have a tour for owners and it is listed on Ferrari owners club website. The museum is worthhile but not as a special trip from Paris.