Reload this Page >

Start with Florence or Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 04:45 PM
fairoaksjim

Just got our flight into Milan booked for 2003. That is if United stays in business. Plan to stay two weeks. One in Florence. One in Rome. We've been to Venice and want to slow up our pace. Should we do the first week in Florence or Rome?<BR><BR>J

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 05:23 PM
xxx

Rome or Florence first-it doesn't matter which is first as both are very nice. Personally I'd devote more days to Rome such as 4 days in Florence and 6 days in Rome.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Lesli

I enjoy Rome, but I absolutely love Florence, and have spent two entire weeks there alone. <BR><BR>My choice would be to head to Rome first and spend a week there. Head north to Florence and spend your second week, with maybe a couple of day trips from there if you like. You'll have less travel time back to Milan for your flight home.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 06:30 PM
julie

I love Rome. My husband calls it the land of Rocks and Dirt. I love the history and especially the Vatican--and I'm not even Catholic. Rome was a great experience. I say.. EXPERIENCE IT!!

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Red

I wasn't too nuts about Florence - lots of students. Personally, I'd do Rome first because things are more spread out and you'll be fresh into your vacation ready for lots of walking. Once you're pooped, head on to Florence where things are closer together.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 09:21 PM
pam

By all means, do Rome first.<BR>This is a totally personal preference as I enjoy being in a more "relaxing" environment for the latter part of my trips. If you feel the same, you should finish up your vacation in Firenze. <BR>BTW...I just adored Firenze and must confess that probably the only reason I saw "Hannibal" was to see Firenze. It was "other wordly" for me. Try and get out early in the day there...it makes all the difference.<BR>Enjoy!

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Tess

Another preference to do Rome first. I also like to start out with the more high energy places first and then end my trips with a more easy going environment. Stick with your plan to devote 1 week in Rome & 1 week in Florence --- you'll have opportunity to see smaller cities & towns in Tuscany region (Siena, San Gimigano, Lucca, Pisa).<BR>