Reload this Page >

Stage 12 - Lance dances

Search

Stage 12 - Lance dances

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Tour Fan

Stage 12 - Lance dances

Lance Armstrong won a difficult Stage 12 today. This is Lance's 14th stage victory in the Tour de France over all the years he has participated.<BR><BR>The win today increases his lead by another minute or so.<BR><BR>Looking good....go Lance.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 07:49 AM
who cares

Lance has no balls.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 07:56 AM
American

Hey xxx<BR><BR>I think he has 1 or 1 1/2.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:22 AM
dean

There is a contingent here on the board who are very much in the USA right or wrong camp. I would imagine that they are also very happy with Lance Armstrong's incredible achievement (as I am). But did you notice that it is the 2 spaniards who are doing the set-up work for Mr Armstrong? Without them on the team, Lance would not be having the easy time fo it he is. His spanish climber today sat back and allowed Armstrong to build a 1 minute lead instead of challenging him and possibly giving an advantage to the 3rd place rider. It j8ust goes to show you how interconnected we all are.<BR><BR>I am sure I will get flamed on this one.....

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Gretchen

There are Americans on other teams--Tyler Hamilton left USPostal this year. So, your point would be? IF the others on the team COULD win overall then they would. It is a team, complicated scoring and sometime Lance will not be the go to guy and there will be someone else. It may not be an American however. As Lance said yesterday --this may be the best team USPostal has ever had.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Lawrence

Globilization is alive and well in the Tour de France.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:43 AM
king of the mountains

Serious question, it is commonly felt in France/Europe that Lance Armstrong was involved in drug enhancement, isn't this true?<BR><BR>Also, on a European travel board football is the sport of choice, cycling is by far a minority sport. Shame you Americans don't understand the rules of "soccer."

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Uncle Sam

So like the Europeans, who can no longer win at their own sport, to accuse the new best man in the world of using drugs!<BR><BR>US

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:54 AM
xxx

Hey Tour Fan,<BR>Some of us can't see the Tour until we get home from work at night (we have to tape it) and would like to be surprised at the result. Feel free to post, but could you not give away who wins in your post title? It's hard to miss when I'm scrolling thru posts and I could tell he won without even reading your post. Thanks!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Mike

Yes, the tour does demonstrate globilization quite well.<BR><BR>Lance has passed every drug test thrown his way. That has been put to rest.<BR><BR>Cycling on this level is about team work. The fantastic Spanish riders ( Roberto Heras and Jos&eacute; Luis Rubiera )were brought on for this purpose and they are doing their jobs quite well. Greg Lemond played the same role for his team the year before he won his first tour. <BR><BR>The goal here is to win the tour. Only one man can win. Lance is the strongest rider in the tour. He finished first in the Prologue and second in the individual time trial. He is the reigning champion. These men understand what they have to do. I understand what they're doing. People outside of cycling sometimes don't understand what's going on.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Mary

Lance Armstrong has been drug tested more than anyone in the sport. He has never tested positive for enhancing drugs. <BR><BR>Some people just can't accept the fact that he is as good as he is. The French press were the worst. They just didn't want to believe that an American could come over to their country and kick their butts the way he did.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 09:02 AM
unclebritannica

Uncle Sam, if you knew abything about football you would know Brazil have been winning world cups for years.<BR><BR>Anyway, Real Madrid won the Champions League.<BR><BR>Cycling is a small minority sport, less localised that 'American football' I grant you which is a regional sport though.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Nigel

Is this a travel board or a bleedin' cycle board? Enough of this shite about this race - who cares?

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Grasshopper

Puts a new spin on the term "going Postal" Great job, Team US Postal!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Monica

Ah Nigel, you're probably a nice guy having a bad day. <BR><BR>Don't let the discussion of other things bother you. There are other avenues you can take rather than wasting your time on a thread you're not interested in.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Dee

Brazil didn't deserve to win the World Cup!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:30 AM
x

LA has been investigated and exhonorated every time.<BR>To suggeest we in the US do not understand football/soccer, well, drean on!<BR>To say Brazil didn't deserve to win is weird. The team that won, won. Germany didn't play as well. OK, you tell us: who deserved? France, Spain, UK, Protugal, Italy, Argentina, Costa Rica, Denmark, Belgium. Gremany? Those were suppsoedly the strongest teams coming in.<BR>Show some sportsmanship about the race.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Nigel

Monica - are you the one that likes to suck cigars and other things? Like I said this is a travel board. You can bit me dear.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Monica

How does one "bit" you dear? <BR><BR>LOL!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 03:21 PM
coward

I for one am grateful for these updates because I don't get OLN and can't seem to access the Tour site via my antique computer. Thanks, Tour Fan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -