Search

St. Remy hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Remy hotels

I'm looking for a moderate priced hotel or B&B in St. Remy. I have heard of Castelet des Alpilles, Mas Carassins, and Hotel du Soleil, Chateau Alpilles (too expensive) and have read all the reviews on these. Are there any other options? We will be staying only two nights and plan to visit pont du gard, uzes, avignon, arles, just the immediate area. We will have a rental car, so we need parking and would like to be close to the center of town. We love anything art related and historical.
Old Oct 18th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Original Poster

any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated! for st. remy hotels.
Old Oct 18th, 2007, 07:41 PM

Check out the quirky but very lovable Hotel Gounod
Old Oct 18th, 2007, 09:19 PM

Sorry I cannot help with other options, but Le Mas des Carassins would be a good choice for your two-night stay. We stayed three nights last June and thought it was very nice. Nothing amazing or exceptional but definitely very nice. Here is a review I wrote on Trip Advisor with a few restaurant recommendations: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Provence.html

Anna Roz
Old Oct 18th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Original Poster

thanks StCirq, that looks like an interesting hotel you mentioned, have you stayed there?
Old Oct 18th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

thanks anna, I have read your review. Since i am traveling with a gal pal, I'm not sure about that industrial location you refer to, and would maybe prefer to stay closer to the centre ville.

generally speaking is the town a pretty safe place?
Old Oct 18th, 2007, 10:23 PM

For another option, you might want to check out the Hotel Sous Les Figuiers: www.franceby.com/figuiers/pages/profile.htm. It has its own parking area and is located a short 5 minute walk to town. It is very easy to access & to leave from by car. We enjoyed our stay there very much!

You will love St. Remy!

Old Oct 19th, 2007, 12:51 AM

Spent a week based here and traveled all over Provence with rental car. Fenced in free parking, 2 blocks from center of town and budget priced. I would stay here again.

http://www.castelet-alpilles.com/anglais.htm

Larry J
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 03:12 AM

We stayed three nights at Hotel du Soleil in May 2007, and it's just a 3 block walk into town, and just as described on TripAdvisor and on hotel's own website (but no a/c). We also spent one night in Arles at Hotel Acacias - which is recently modernized with great a/c, very nice rooms and the double was just 54 euro/night - quite the bargain of our 2 1/2 week trip. It's just inside the city walls and parking was free at the public lot just outside the wall (though you have to get your car out during the day - not a problem for most of us who are sightseeing). Just thought I'd mention it, as the places you mentioned visiting are actually closer to Arles than to St. Remy, so maybe you could base in Arles for economy? We liked both Arles and St. Remy - you'll enjoy yourself whichever you choose!
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 01:37 PM
hax

Hi tish519,

We absolutely loved the Mas des Carassins. We stayed four nights in June, and ate dinner there three of them. The hosts and rooms are charming, the grounds are gorgeous and relaxing, and it is a short walk to town. I wax on about it in my trip report, "We made it. Adventures in Paris and Provence with teens", but unfortunately, the search function doesn't seem to work for most of summer 2007. It's too bad, because a lot of wonderful trip reports were posted that could be useful to a lot of people searching now. I will top my report in case you want to read it. But I am sure you will love St. Remy, and the Mas if you stay there.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 11:13 AM

bookmarking
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:08 PM

Can't resist another opp. to flog le Mas des Carassins...a lovely place, great location, etc. Would go back in a heartbeat if the air fares and euro were less daunting.