Reload this Page >

St Paul de Vence

Search

St Paul de Vence

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:51 PM
Irene

St Paul de Vence

What's the weather like in june? Has anyone stayed at The Colume D'Or?

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:09 PM
Irene

Anyone?

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 04:23 AM
xxx

I'm sure a lot of people have stayed there, or else it would have gone out of business by now.<BR><BR>The weather: expect cool to warm temperatures -- possibly hot. There might be rain. It might be clear and sunny. Snow is doubtful.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Thanks

xxx - helpful response!

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Wendy

Irene,<BR>I haven't stayed at L'Columbe d'Or, but I will tell you that last year in June it was completely packed with British, American, and Italian tourists. We had the most unbelievable lunch there in the garden overlooking the valley. Lunch took 3 hours. Afterwards, we toured the house which is full of paintings done by famous artists ( Picasso,Magritte, etc.) The paintings were in exchange for food and accomodations given to the artists when they had little money. It is really a beautiful place, and the grounds and pool looked quite nice. I'm sure if you're lucky enough to get a reservation there, you'll be most happy. Too, it's basically right in town, so you can walk easily to many other galeries and restaurants. Have a great time!

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Irene

Wendy, many thanks, you raised the quality of this board unlike those xxx named posters who lower the standards.