Reload this Page >

Quebec City help!

Search

Quebec City help!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 05:48 AM
Lisa

Quebec City help!

Does anyone have any suggestions for places to eat in Quebec City. We are staying at Hotel Palace Royal near the old city. We are going this weekend. Thanks ,<BR>Lisa

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 08:13 AM
joe

That hotel sounds familiar but Im not sure where it is. For restaurants try Freres de la cote on St Jean. ou might want to make a reservation when you get there .Its good Provincial cuisine which is similar ro Italian. Aux Anciens Canadiens on St Louis is touristy but really good for lunch. Good service, atmosphere, and hearty food. I also like Casse Crepe Breton for crepes of course. A cute little place that is really cheap is Petit Coin Latin on Ste.Ursule St. right off St Jean on your right. The atmosphere is really like a nice cozy bistro. Definitely try the Cafe Chez temporel on Rue Couillard(off of St Jean) They have the best cafe au lait around Actually, get a bol de cafe. Their croque monsieurs are to die for. This is great for lunch They also have a dessert called Gateau Reine Elisabeth (Queen Elizabeth cake)that is really great if you like carmel and butterscotch flavors. Bon appetit

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Lisa

<BR>Joe,The hotel is new and at 775 autoroute Dufferin Montmorency near the old city.<BR>Will we be near the places you suggested or do you have other recommendations. We are going for the Winter Carnival. This is our first carnival. Thank you for the other tips.<BR>Lisa

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 05:21 PM
joe

Yes of course! I know exactly where the hotel is. It was just built about 2 years ago. When you gave the address it suddenly dawned on me where it is. I think that it is a very nice hotel and the location could not be better for everything I mentioned. Are you getting a room that looks over the atrium? I hear that they are pretty nice.I was going to stay there a night last summer. I think the rate was about 60.usIt could have been a promotion. It wasnt a room that overlooks the atrium however.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:32 AM
Lisa

Thanks Joe for all the suggestions.I hear the weather will not be too cold this weekend. What is bol de cafe? <BR>I will try the QE cake,<BR>Lisa

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 05:19 AM
joe

A bowl of coffee. Its the ultimate for real coffee lovers.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Don

The Palace Royal is one of the places I am considering staying for my first trip to Quebec. Would you mind terribly telling me how you enjoy your stay.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 04:45 AM
margie

Has anyone stayed at the Palace Royal Hotel in Quebec City? Would you consider it deluxe? Thank you.