Casual dining in Paris, St. Germain area

Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Casual dining in Paris, St. Germain area

In late October, we are staying at the Pas de Calais hotel, in the St. Germaine area. It is a block off of Blvd. St. Germaine on Rue des Sts. Peres. I will ask the hotel for recommendations, but would be happy to hear any specific recommendations from Fodorites for casual and late night restaurants near the hotel. On Friday evening, our adult children will be flying in from Sweden to join us, and will not get to the hotel until 10pm. They will be hungry but none of us will want a big deal meal at that point. Any thoughts?
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 01:11 PM

You won’t be far from Cafe Varenne, which is one of our favorites for any meal when in the area. Rue du Dragon has lots of small restaurants and L’Entrecote and Le Bonaparte are nearby, on the other side of Blvd St Germain. I think Le Bonaparte stays open late. Brasserie Lipp is also right there and may be open late.
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 01:51 PM

La Boussole, 12 Rue Guisarde: I had magret de canard with sauce a fois gras and mashed fava beans. Owner promises I will love his chocolate molten cake and I do so he brings me vanilla ice cream with pepper. This meal gets an A/A-. Just the right size meal and very good.

Cafe Louise, 155 Blvd St Germain: Demi melon with jambon de pays; Noisette d'Agneau poele et son jus au thyme, haricots verts; Creme de mascarpone sur eclats d'oreos. Eclat sounds some much classier than just crumbled Oreos! Solid A for taste but surely there is something crunchy that is French. Gets an A.
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 02:58 PM

L'estrapade close to le Panthéon.
La Ferrandaise close to Luxembourg Gardens - I went there with a couple of US friends. They loved it.
Old Sep 27th, 2018, 12:22 AM

For late night, les Deux Magots closes at 01h00, Brasserie Lipp at 00H45.

Casual dinning typically means cafés and while there are a number, I would not necessarily recommend one over another. I sometimes go to le Pré aux Clercs for lunch or maybe le Comptoire des Saints-Pères. 13 a baker´s dozen has an interesting breakfast which is found just down the street from your hotel.

If you are interested in a near by restaurant, I highly recommend Clover or maybe Kult, a new restaurant at the Hotel le Saint.