Reload this Page >

Jack's inimitable Travel Guides; Amsterdam, Belgium, France, Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Joe

For those of you who have not yet become aware of "Jack's inimitable Travel Guides" and are entertaining trips to Amsterdam, Belgium, France (particularly Paris) or Venice or just interested in great travel writing, go to the site www.jack-travel.com. I promose you will find one of the best travel guides you have ever encountered. Jack is Belgian and writes with wit, style, comprehensive knowledge and passion. We were referred to the site by my daughter as we prepared for our trip to Belgium in May. Armed with Jack's descriptions and recommendations (hotels and restaurants as well as things to do and see) we had a wonderful trip. There is no commercialization in his writings; nothing to sell. He just loves doing it and does it so well.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Christina

I discovered his guides a year ago, I think, when looking for info on small budget hotels in Provence and just loved them. He is really good, has very detailed info and comments (not only on hotels, but other stuff, like markets), and I agree with his sensibilities and taste.<BR><BR>I agree that this isn't his main source of income, and I don't think he sells any travel products himself, but there is advertising on his site which I'd guess pays for the upkeep. It's not very obtrusive though, mainly on the homepage -- this doesn't bother me in the slightest, because I find it wonderful that he is otherwise giving away so much valuable, professional and useful information (also, the web site is very attractive and professional). His site is a million times better than some other people who are running small businesses and ask people to send them money for viewing their web site (such as a guy Fred who advertises on here and many other travel sites, Fred couldn't get any advertising on his, though).

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 05:17 AM
promotion

what are you guys, his cousins? you are walking advertisments for this dude. maybe i'll check him out.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 05:21 AM
JOdy

I Just found his guides last week and am very impressed. I checked with a friend in Belgium and she said he is spot on with the Belgium guides . And I am no relative.<BR><BR>Let's face it lots of sites have adverts. ..even Fodor's.. but he is not selling anything so I just ignore them the same as I do on almost every other site.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 07:55 AM

worthy of topping<BR>