St. Moritz Hotel December

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need some help... have a friend who will be in St. Moritz, Switzerland for 2 nights around December 28th - I know, height of ski season and winter break. I've tried all the hotel sites I can think of. Any ideas of a hotel I can try to find them a room? Price is very open, as it's so hard finding them a spot. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 07:32 PM

Have you tried Badrutt's Palace Hotel? It is very famous. Prince Michael of Yugoslavia always stays here.
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, but they are fully booked as well.
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 09:55 PM

You would have little chance with 5* hotels, even with 4*. At this time of year, most hotels in St.Moritz require 10 - 14 night stay. That's the problem. I have friends who found a 3* family hotel, Languard (nice & cozy but has no restaurant, just B&B). Their site says minimum stay 10 nights for Christmas/New Year but they agreed to give my friends 7nights (exceptionally, according to them). Then my friends had to reduce their holidays to 6nights but the hotel still requires payment for 7 nights - full down payment by the end of october. If you will pay 7nights for 2night stay, this (or some other) hotel might be available ......
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 03:14 AM

Hi Photo Traveler,

I just went to the town's website (www.stmoritz.ch) and did a search for a hotel for 28-30 Dec 07. No rooms available at all.

Then I went to the region's site at www.engadin.ch and did a hotel search (following the buttons for "accommodations" then "book&quot and found about 4-5 hotels in the area though not in the town of St. Moritz itself. They were in Pontresina, Zuoz, Zernaz, S-chanf, and Poschiavo.

I think your friend may have to choose another town in the area or move out of the area entirely. It's just too late to get a booking in town.

One other thing -- your friend could e-mail the tourist information folks and ask them to find him/her a room. Or maybe find a few hotels s/he likes and e-mail them every week to ask about cancellations.

Good luck!

s