Hotels in Chur

Jan 29th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Hotels in Chur

Thanks to Ingo, I had booked Zunfthaus Rabluta for four nights in July, but they have just notified me that the hotel has been sold and the new owners won't be able to honor the reservation. Looking for a recommendation of others -- convenient to the train station and the center as we plan to do a number of day trips from there. Cost up to about 150 euro.
Jan 30th, 2003, 12:32 AM

Patrick,

I remember having looked at the pages of the Zunfthaus Räbluta and it looked really charming. Too bad, it won't work.

Anyway, I did a little search. Unfortunately, Chur hasn't terribly much to offer, when it comes to hotels. I would consider the following ones:

- Duc de Rohan, www.ducderohan.ch.
However, right now, it says closed for renovation... it was known as being the best place in town.

- Romantikhotel Stern, www.stern-chur.ch

- Hotel Freieck, www.freieck.ch

For the Stern, you will find more detailled information (and in English!) on the site of the Romantikhotels in Switzerland:
www.romantikhotel.ch

There are some other hotels, but they don't look that charming and are located in the outskirts which wouldn't be that convenient for you.
They should all meet more or less with your budget of 150 Euro.

I am not that familiar with Chur. It's the town you have to transfer for most of the famous holiday resorts in the canton Graubünden. But I think, it's a good hub for you and has certainly things to offer. Also, it won't be overly touristy.

Maybe Ingo can tell you a little more.
Jan 30th, 2003, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Ursula. I tried a search another way (besides Chur Hotels) and found Ingo's original post in which he suggested the Rabluta. He also mentioned Hotel Drei Koenige and the Romantik Stern. The Stern looks to be about 190 euro per night, and on the web site, frankly doesn't look all that special. The Drei Koenige is less expensive and does look nice with a good location. I'm contacting them. Anyone know anything about it or others?
Jan 30th, 2003, 11:12 AM

Patrick, I am sorry to hear you won’t be able to stay at the Zunfthaus Räbluta.

I second Ursula, Chur is not even a place with plenty of first class hotels. However, you will be satisfied with both Romantikhotel Stern and Hotel Drei Könige if you are not looking for an upscale place. I think the Stern’s rates are too high compared to those of Hotel Drei Könige. But please make sure to make reservations for one of the renovated cosy rooms at the Drei Könige (if possible overlooking the old town). Both hotels are located centrally and quiet in the old town.

Good luck!

Ingo
Jan 30th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Ingo. I received an email from Drei Koenige offering a double with breakfast for 120 SFr per night (about $89 US). I will accept it, but ask for one of the "renovated cozy rooms overlooking the old town". Thanks again.
I still may try contacting the Rabluta also after April 1 (when they say the new owners take over). Maybe they will have an offer as well.