St. Chapelle Website - Paris

Feb 29th, 2000, 01:54 PM
Catalana

St. Chapelle Website - Paris

Uh-oh, my first post didn't go through. Anyhow, does anyone have the website for St. Chapelle concerts in Paris. I tried to search but couldn't get it to work. Thanks. Cat

Feb 29th, 2000, 04:49 PM
Tammy

http://www.ampconcerts.com/

Hope this helps. Tammy

Feb 29th, 2000, 06:39 PM
Bob Brown

I have bad news for users of the website listed above. It has not been updated since December. So I don't know what the situation is at the moment.
Ste. Chapelle wasn't mentioned for a December date, as I saw. Other churches were mentioned, but not Ste. Chapelle.

Anybody have any ideas??

Feb 29th, 2000, 06:54 PM
Bob Brown

I have an idea! Forget the above message because I was not correct in my statement.
I used an old bookmark that took me to a schedule page for Ste. Chapelle and it in fact is old. But then I found a new place to look:
http://www.ampconcerts.com/eng.html
This one should be up to date through June, 2000.
Proves one should check more thoroughly. I thought I had, but boy was I wrong.

Feb 29th, 2000, 06:57 PM
Diane

I was able to reserve tickets for May online last week for St. Chapelle. They responded within a couple of days. I can't wait!

Feb 29th, 2000, 07:23 PM
Bob Brown

I apologize again for my hasty conclusion about the Ste. Chapelle web site. I should know better.
But, after going back to the site a third time tonight, I actually stumbled over a schedule page for 1998!

Oh well. At any rate, the email reservation system worked quite well for me last September. (I reserved in August). When I arrived, on a rainy night in Paris, my name was on the list and all I had to do was produce some folding money to pay for the tickets. The instructions are quite clear: no credit cards.
If you have never been to a concert in Ste. Chapelle, you are in for a moving experience. The combination of great music played in a setting for which it was composed is nothing short of incredible. I walked away feeling transcendent and uplifted. Quite an experience! Go and enjoy to the fullest.

Feb 29th, 2000, 11:03 PM
Nissa

You are not alone with posting difficulties. I have NEVER found a web page for Sainte Chapelle. I did attend a concert there. If this goes, through, I'll tell you about it.

Feb 29th, 2000, 11:12 PM
Nissa

Wow, look what's happened since I started trying to answer you - all those answers! I'll bookmark that page too. We were told that there are at least two different organizations arranging concerts in Sainte Chapelle. One sold no tickets for the other. A representative was available part of the day of the concert at the little door outside the gate before the lower chapel doors and to the left. We just bought tickets that day. Our concert was Vivaldi, I believe. A splendid excuse to sit for an hour in that glorious building. Do go in the daylight too to gaze at the stained glass. Some of the guide books are good at explainig the scenes in the glass. Visit the Museum of the Middle Ages (the Cluny) in the Latin Quarter to see some fragments of original glass from Sainte Chapelle close up. We love Sainte Chapelle!

Mar 1st, 2000, 02:55 AM
Nina

I am 72 and this is ou 12th trip to Paris. After reading your posts I would like to make reservation for St Chapelle trough www.ampconcerts.com We did experience the amazing evenings there previously and my husband wouldn't mind to be there every evening when in Paris.
Please help me! When I got to the end of the form regular e-mail box came up. What do I do with it? Write my request again? I am sorry for this uneducated question. I can explain in details how genomes work but with internet I am still lost.
Do they confirm or do we just have to show up? What about if they are not able to accommodate us? Do they accept Traveler's checkes?

Mar 1st, 2000, 05:48 AM
Bob Brown

When I reserved last year, I received a confirmation. I do not know about paying with checks. I paid in currency as did the other people ahead of me in line.