Reload this Page >

Spring in Vienna

Search

Spring in Vienna

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:27 AM
viennese

Spring in Vienna

Just wanted to inform you that finally spring arrived here in Vienna after an extremely long, cold and snowy winter. So if you are going to Vienna these days, bring light clothes. In the morning it is failry cold, but in the afternoon it is 20 C = 68 Fahrenheit.

Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viennese, I remember being in Vienna in May 1999 and it was beautiful weather the first couple of days we were there, then it turned rainy and COLD. I was very glad I had a sweater and my anorak.

When we lived in Vienna, I remember it snowed on Easter weekend 1984. And this was in April.

I will be surprised if you still don't see some cold days before summer.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:44 AM
viennese

Bettyk,
yes of course you are right, you have to be prepared for heat and rain and snow and cold. Vienna is in the middle of the Atlantic and the Continental weather zone so we see a lot of weather changes (You see my lack of appropriate english words here, but I hope you know what I mean).
Probably I posted this message because I was so glad that finally winter is over!

Old Mar 16th, 2004, 07:33 AM

Yes, I understand. We spent two winters in Vienna and while I loved my time there, I remember many gray days before Spring finally came. Of course, we also had those perfect winter days when it was cold but bright sunshine! Those were the most beautiful days of all.

But, no matter if it was gray or bright, there was always Gluhwein!!!
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 07:44 AM

I am glad to hear spring has arrived. I will be arriving on Saturday. Hope I don't have to replace all of the cold weather clothes I packed.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 07:47 AM

I was there last week when Vienna had fresh snow on the ground and I loved it! But spring weather is nice (it's warm here in Brussels, too, about the same temperature). However, I wouldn't be surprised if Winter decides to put in one more brief appearance before leaving the stage completely...
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 08:16 AM

When I left Vienna exactly one week ago it was very definitely winter, in fact I left in a snowstorm. I wish I'd been there in warmer weather.