COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Spas in Ireland???

Old Feb 5th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Original Poster

Spas in Ireland???

In conjuction with my other thread....I'm going to Ireland solo on Wednesday and because I will be there over Valentine's Day I decided that I would like to treat myself to a spa day. I'm looking for any recommendations from anyone. It will most likely have to be somewhere on the west coast, so any help would be appreciated.
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 10:15 PM

Hi, my mom lives in Ireland and I'll be going either next month or in April. I have personally not been to a spa in Ireland but I've seen ads, etc. for some. One of the areas that I've heard of them is in/around Westport, Co. Mayo.
I think they are probably in most "tourist" towns such as Dingle, Killarney, Galway, etc.
I always recommend www.irelandexpert.com
for advice on Ireland. That web site is run by Pat Preston and she really is THE Ireland expert. Go to her Q&A section and she'll tell you for sure.

I've been to Ireland six times but have never been on my own-good for you!!
If you've never been you will love it!!
Please let us know ALL about your trip!
Shadow
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 04:45 AM

I believe the one referred to above is Delphi Spa. I drove past--never went there but has a good reputation. Is certainly in a gorgeous area of Ireland. Website is delphiescape.com.
Good luck!
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 05:45 AM

About 35-mi west of Limerick City off N-21 on the Old Cork Road (first left in NewcastleWest - take the right fork at the Texaco station). Killeline Leisure Park is about 1km on your right. If you pass Mick McCoy's Sports Bar, you've passed it.

John McCoy, former member of the Dail, is owner of the Sports Bar/Restaurant and an 18-hole Parkland Golf Course.

The McCormick family owns the 34 room lodge and Spa, which has a 20m heated indoor swimming pool, steam & sauna and a well-equipped workout room. The spa is available to Lodge Guests free of charge.

I don't know what sort of personal services they provide (i.e., massages, rub downs, etc.). It's a great place to relax after a TransAtlantic flight.
http://www.Killeline.com
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 05:56 AM

I forgot! A distant relative of ours who lives near Belmullet, County Mayo (Maureen Connolly, I believe) runs a sort of a health club where she gives seaweed 'treatments.' I haven't tried it so I can't 'knock it!'

Telling you it's a Theraputic Massage with seaweed, I would be guessing; but I think it's something like that.
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.
Shadow~ thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure I'm going to love it. Maybe if I go to a great spa and give it rave reviews on here....when you visit your mom you and she could decide to go there on my recommendation. *wink* I always do fun things like that with my mom. We call it "So Deserve this Day".
Thanks Ned and HollDoll for the websites...I'll check them out.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 10:41 AM

The Sunday Times did a spread on several Ireland spas a month or two ago. Maybe have a look on their website to see if you can find it.