spanish beach without a car

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for a hotel on or very near the beach that I can reach by train or bus (and then taxi) from Granada or Seville. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:09 PM

From Granada you can take a bus to Nerja on the coast. The ride takes about 2 hrs. and ticket costs 9.13. The bus company- Alsina Graells Sur.
From the Nerja bus station take a taxi to any number of hotels, including the Parador above Burriana beach.

www.alsa.es
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:21 PM

Cadiz, by train or bus from Sevilla.
Cadiz has long sandy city beaches. But never stayed there overnight, so don't know if there are hotels right on the beach.
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 01:08 AM

I like el Puerto de Santa Maria on Spain's Costa de la Luz (Cadiz). I stay at Hotel Santa Maria (rooftop swimming pool) and walk about 500m to el Puerto's public beach. You can get to el Puerto by Bus or Tren from Sevilla.

The Bus, from Sevilla's Prado de San Sebastian Bus sta. operated by Comes SA and takes about 1.5 hrs. Tren (all 2nd cl.) is a bit quicker and runs hourly during the day from Sevilla Santa Justa.

I've also stayed at Rota (Bus, no Tren) which has nice sandy beaches. I stay at Hotel Caribe
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 05:14 AM

cdbarlow,
In Cádiz the 4 star Hotel Playa Victoria and 3 star Tryp La Caleta are located at the Victoria beach, about 2.5 km from the historic center.

www.palafoxhoteles.com
www.solmelia.com
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 04:50 PM

As NEDSIRELAND says, the beaches in Puerto de Santa Maria are nice. There are lots of hotels there, easy to get there. The beaches in Rota are very nice, also easy to get there.

There is a beautiful beach in Sanlucar de Barrameda. I don't know about bus connections between Seville & Sanlucar, but the beach there is my favorite and the plaza in the center of town is lovely. It is wonderful in the evening, with good Tapas bars, music and families out for the evening. It is not a hotel, but check out this place. It is quite beautiful.

Posada de Palacio in Sanlucar de Barrameda, Spain.