Spain Intinerary Help!

Search

Spain Intinerary Help!

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spain Intinerary Help!

My husband and I are spending 2 weeks in Spain. Our first trip we, I am looking for opinions/suggestions on our intinerary:

3 nights Madrid
1 night Toledo
1 or 2 nights Cordoba?
2 nights Seville
1 night Ronda
2 nights Granada
1 night Ubeda
Last open for suggestions (fly out of Madrid next morning?

I am wondering if 2 nights in Cordoba is to many? Any suggestions??
THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:14 PM

Hi Jules,
We are planning a similar trip. When is your trip?

I had luck searching other postings similar to mine to get me started. Just type in " southern spain" or "andalucia" if that is your area and also there are many, many helpful hints from "Maribel" and "olga". You may even be able to pull up their postings individually. (new to this so not sure)

Hope that helps and happy planning!

Old May 19th, 2003, 04:01 PM

All nice places, but 8 hotels in 12 nites is too many for me. I would suggest no more than 6.
Old May 19th, 2003, 10:22 PM

You obviously have been doing your homework. Never less than 2 nights in one spot is very good advice.

Ronda, home of "modern" bullfighting is a delight. It is quite small. It may not justify 2 nights, though, when stacked up against your other picks.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 01:06 PM

Hi! My husband and I are also planning a two week trip to Spain. We've never been. Planning on most of our time in Andalusia - 3 night Seville, at least 2 in Granada, and at least one in Cordoba. Other than that, I'm still planning. This site is so great. Any ideas from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old May 22nd, 2003, 01:19 PM

I agree withthe person that said never less that 2 nights in one place. You will wear yourself out. Concentrate on a few areas.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 02:45 PM

dear julesadventure,

Your intinerary looks pretty good, but I would suggest going to the Basque country, at least for a few days. I recommend San Sebastian- it is right on the northern coast, and it is absolutely GORGEOUS- the beaches are some of the best in Spain. San Sebastian is known for being one of the top culinary capitals of the world. The people are friendly, there are so many things to do, and the city is only 12 km from the French border! Please consider stopping by San Sebastian, if only for a few days. I guarentee you will not regret it and it will make your trip even more spectacular. Otherwise, your intinerary looks great. The best of luck to you and your husband!

admille
Old May 22nd, 2003, 04:42 PM

A few thoughts:

-Are you driving or using public transportation? If using train, don't spend the night in Toledo, just do it as a day trip from Madrid. From Toledo by train you have to go back to Madrid to get to Cordoba and Sevilla. If driving it might be worth staying in Toledo one night but you could reduce hotel muber by doing Toledo as a train or tour bus day trip from Madrid.

-I think one night is plenty in Cordoba. With the exception of the mezquita, everything to see in Cordoba can be seen in Sevilla or Granada.

-2 in Sevilla, 1 in Ronda, and 2 in Granada sounds about right. I've stayed in Ubeda and my thoughts about it are about like my thoughts re Cordoba-you will have seen similar already. It's a nice town but not "different" from what you have seen already. I think I'd take that night and put in in Granada or Sevilla.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 05:16 PM

I went to Spain for 2 weeks in 1999. Here was my itinerary (it was a great trip, and we had a car):

Madrid - 3 nights
Segovia - 1 night
Some town with ruins on the way - 1 night (would skip that!)
Seville - 1 night
Marbella (near Malaga) - 2 nights - gorgeous
Some city on eastern coast (would also skip that - too touristy) - 2 nights
Barcelona - 4 nights

We went through Grenada to see the Alhambra and went to Gibraltor, which were both definitely worth seeing. My favorites were definitely Marbella, Seville, and Barcelona.

It's OK to just stay somewhere one night - there are interesting things to see everywhere! In a way it's better than spending 6-8 hours in a car - some of those distances are pretty great.