spain for 2 weeks

Nov 8th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

spain for 2 weeks

My husband and I will be planning a trip to spain next summer or fall. Any great itineray suggestions? We can drive/train and like to spend at least 2 to 4 days in each area.
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:55 PM

Tarzanalady- As I said to Armais, I loved San Sebastian. I guess if it's the first time in Spain, Madrid is a must for a few days.Frankly I found Bacelona quite boring except for Gaudi.
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:24 AM

If you plan to go to seashore resorts, forget August! That's when all the vacationers from northern Europe and the British Isles swarm to Spain and Portugal.
It's too hot in inland Andalucia in the summertime.
I like northern Spain: Cantabria, Asturias and Galicia (could include some of Basque country & Barcelona).
And then there's Pamplona (7-14 Jul).
Nov 9th, 2006, 03:31 AM

Tarzan, I've been to Spain 3 times this year (lucky me so, my tips would be:
a) Madrid is a must
b)I would not miss Barcelona for the world!!!!!!
c)The Andalucia region is fabulous and one of the most beautiful in my opinion,but I agree w/ the previous post, it is way too hot to go on summer and cities look deserted (because it is too hot,everyone leaves on summer!)
d)The Galicia region on the North of Spain is absolutely gourgeous (have a look at La Coruna, Santiago de Compostela, Grove, Oreiros) and cooler in the summer...plus you get to visit some cities in Portugal that are on the border of Spain and are also gorgeous (have a look at Valenca do Minho). Cheers, Juliana.
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:43 AM

i walked 33 days on the camino de santiago...someone suggested santiago de compostela to visit. that is the destination of the famous pilgramage. i would recommend walking any part of the camino/pilgrimage and see the small villages and countryside one step at a time...meet other pilgrims/walkers/eat great food...you can start and stop anywhere on the route (500 miles to choose from) buen camino!
Nov 9th, 2006, 04:57 AM

It takes at least 4 trips to see all of Spain and summer may not be the best time. Andalusia is my favorite area but is also hot. In the summer I would go to the north---Galacia and the Basque region.