Search

Space bags

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Space bags

Hi everyone. So I'm scheduled to leave Paris in two days after having been here for 3 months. When I came here I used those vacuum seal storage bags "space bags" to pack my clothes into my suitcase. I've discovered that one of them now has a hole, making it useless. Is there any place in Paris that I can buy bags like this? I really have no idea where to look!
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:58 PM

Are you flying home? Assuming that, another faster option would be to just buy a small cheap nylon-type duffel. Stuff it with your dirtiest laundry and just check it through- it will show up eventually!
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Original Poster

I am flying home... my only worry with that is that in addition to my giant rolly suitcase I have a guitar with me that I'm also going to check. Would adding a duffel bag go over the checked bag limit?
Old May 30th, 2007, 10:20 PM

duct tape will fix a hole in a space bag
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:53 AM

Do they have Zip-Lock food storage bags there? If so, Hefty manufactures one that is giant sized and you can use it the same as one of those vacuum bags. Just pack your clothes in there, roll it up so you squeeze out the air and zip it up.
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:14 PM

I don't know Paris but if there is an outdoors type of shop anywhere there they will sell space bags. There is a good chance that a department store would have them too.
Alternatively contact your airline and see if they count the guitar as a piece of luggag or not. Some make exceptions for musical instruments, in which case you can buy an extra bag to check.