baggalini tote bags to tuck in your suitcase for that extra bag on the way home

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been tempted to buy one of these to take along in case I need an extra bag at the end of a trip. Has anyone ever used one of these? If so, what's your response?

http://www.thesavvytraveller.com/too...ping_baggs.htm

Then I saw these too. but, this might be more to drag around if I didn't need it.

http://www.thesavvytraveller.com/too...in_a_pouch.htm
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have the large Longchamp that I bought on the plane several years ago it packs flat and weighs almost nothing.
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:17 PM

The best and cheaper way is to buy it from Target.
The bag comes in a tiny zippered enveloppe style , is very light and very useful to bring back the extras.. Target has it in difference sizes and cost around 14.99 to 20 dollars..
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Are the bags at Target in the purse department?
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:41 PM

I have seen them in the department that carries the spacebags etc all the travel related stuff.
Ashwini
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
jgg

I have the first bag listed. I have brought it on two trips now to NYC and London/Paris, but both times I didn't use it as I was able to fit my purchases in my regular rollaboard and avoided having to check any baggage. It takes up very little room to pack it, so I just use it as insurance.

My parents also have the first bag and did use it on the way home from Paris. It says it is strong enough to check through, but apparently the ticketing agent at CDG wasn't so sure, as she put it in one of those large plastic bags. However, this wasn't a problem, and my Mom was glad she had it.
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:58 PM

I would think ripstop nylon would be better fabric, but if you can find something like this in ballistic nylon it would be even more durable.
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 09:00 PM
DiG

We each lay one flat in our bag.

It's used for picnics, shopping, bringing gifts/etc back from trips.

If it's used for the return trip home, we carry it on and then check our 21" bag.

Love it's versatilty, and the colors!
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 12:00 AM
bellastarr

On my last trip to Italy I took the Medium sizrd one as my only bag, and it worked out fine. (I am an experienced traveler, and pack light)

Old Apr 4th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

I was wondering about if they were strong enough to wihstand the stresses of being checked. The idea of having it put in one of their plastic bags is great.

Bellastarr--did you travel with the shopping bag version or with the sturdier looking 2nd one--the bagg in a pouch?
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 06:05 AM

I have to confess that last year on vacation we bought WAY TOO MUCH and we found ourselves at a Walmart at 11 pm on the night before our flight home, having to buy SOMETHING for extra luggage. I'm not a big Walmart shopper, but we found these very large duffle bags for $9.99 each where the ends zip onto each other...it zips down to a size a little smaller than a frizbee. We put our dirty clothes in the duffles and our goodies in our carry-ons. They worked out very well.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 06:34 AM

I have seen this bag recommended: http://www.easygoing.com/lmb.html
It is made of parachute nylon.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 06:44 AM

I bought a Baggallini fold-up bag for a trip last year, and it worked well. However, I'm thinking that the old Le Sportsac bags (still being sold, I think) are actually lighter weight for folding up inside suitcase. I still have my first one, from ages ago; it's just not as trendy looking as the colorful Baggallinis, etc.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 07:13 AM

I was given a purple Baggalini for Christmas a few years ago and never used it until last November when we went to Buenos Aires. I'm not sure what size it is, because I didn't check the websites given above, but folded it is about 5" X 5" and it opens up to an excellent size for bringing home the "goodies." My husband carried it on board because some of the "goodies" were fragile, and it fit nicely in the overhead. I thought it worked out great and it will be going with us on future trips (Honolulu next Monday). Much more appreciative of this gift now that we've used it!
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 07:18 AM

They look good and should be light enough not to add weight to your luggage. I'd go for the medium if I needed a bag.

Cigale, I bought the Longchamps bag on an AF flight years ago and like it. They sell them in a variety of colors (mine is black) and sizes in several stores in Paris and at the airport.

Before buying I asked the French flight attendant about the bag and she took me to a bin and pulled hers out, so I figured if it was good enough for the flight attendant ...
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 07:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Luisah, I too, bought the large black and use it to seperate my dirty clothes and bring back all the books and gifts.
A medium one we use to carry our three bottles of that great olive oil from the moulin jean cornille in Maussane.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 07:40 AM

I just buy a cheap $5.oo nylon bag and put it at the bottom of my suitcase.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 07:40 AM

Forgot to mention that I too bought a black Longchamp fold-up bag on British Air sometime ago. I do like it, but the handles on my Baggalini make it easier to carry. However, recommend either bag for bringing home purchases.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 08:18 AM

Julie,the bags are sold at the luggage's dept.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 08:54 AM
bellastarr

Hi julies,
I used the sturdier one.
It came home with me in great shape.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -