Reload this Page >

Souvenir shopping from home

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:04 PM
pamb

Okay, we spent 2-1/2 weeks in France, Italy and London in June, but hubby and son just wouldn't let me shop enough. Have tried using search engines to find some good souvenir web sites, so I can order some T-shirts, magnets or especially those cute Murano glass candy dishes that were all over Venice for 24 Euros each (I bought three, but now I wish I'd bought more for Christmas presents).<BR>Are there any good websites you've found for buying French and Italian goodies?<BR>Thanks,<BR>Pam B.<BR>

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:14 PM
Sue

There was a long thread done on this around 6/14; I printed 3 pp of it, but can't find the first so don't know how to tell you to search, but it's here somewhere!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:45 PM
Betsy

I think the word e-Bay was in the title.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:05 PM
Jen

The search here at Fodors is a full-text search, so any unusual phrase that appears on your printout will do, it doesn't have to be the title.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:09 PM
found it

Just topped post (7:08 central time)

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:15 PM
pamb

Thanks. We were on our trip 6/14 when this thread was first posted!<BR>Pam B.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:33 PM
zz-top

In case the "Ebay" thread falls to bottom, here's the URL for it (just copy & paste into your address line)<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1380431&numresponses=25&s tart=0<BR><BR>Off the top of my head, I can't recall the site --- however I do know you can purchase a "mind the gap" T-shirt (if you want that memory of the London underground). And I'm sure that several stores in Venice also have websites from which you can purchase glass items.<BR>

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:02 PM
Sue

Found the site I was talking about and sent it to the top.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:39 AM
pamb

Actually, we saw "Mind the Gap" shirts everywhere and kept trying to buy one for my son, but he said it was too corny.<BR>As for Venentian glass, I've done searches, but the stuff I've found online is too expensive (or ugly!) or not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for those small-ish wavy multi-colored bowls.<BR>Thanks, Sue, for that other topping. I will try some of those French sites.<BR>Any Italian sites Fodorites have found?<BR>Pam<BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:52 AM
Sue

For the lovely leather Madova gloves made in Florence (shop is at "other" side of Ponte Vecchio) go to www.madova.com I ordered some last year for Xmas presents after I'd bought some (not enough!) in Florence. Shipping is included in price; today is first time i've looked at website since last winter, and prices are higher than they were, pre euro.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:09 AM
Tina

I'd ask Elaine (a frequent poster on forum) if she knows of any good sites to buy Venetian glass. She's been there several times and has an extensive file on each of the major cities in Italy.<BR>