Reload this Page >

Southern Spain Itinerary

Search

Southern Spain Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Neal Shah

Southern Spain Itinerary

I'm going to be visiting Spain during the first week of March. Can anybody recommend a good itinerary? I'm starting in Barcelona and was thinking about working my way down the coast to Valencia, then to Malaga, Gibraltar, and Sevilla. What are some good places to stay along the way and what's the best mode of transportation? Thanks.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 01:40 PM
duke

If you identify your interests you will receive more useful suggestions!!!!

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 02:13 PM
lincasanova

from barcelona to valencia you can stop at pe&ntilde;iscola, unique castle setting, beach, old town on hill, nice views, about 2 hours away from both cities.<BR>from valencia to malaga if you like beach and artsy areas, Altea is nice .. then on to granada, later sevilla and malaga area. <BR>do not miss view from national parador in malaga. nice hotel and if you aren't staying there, a sunny afternoon with coffee on terrace is lovely.<BR><BR>others can give you better info on the nice villages in that area.<BR><BR>the roads are very good all the way. they have been improved greatly over the years.<BR><BR>i think car would be the best.. unless you take the euromed high speed train from barcelona to valencia and forget the castle stop.. and take car the rest of way. usually no drop off fee in spain on weekly rental from large company.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Frank

Make sure you really want to go to Gibraltar before you try.Also don't take a car there.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 06:05 AM
duke

To take a car to Gibralter you simply park it in large safe lots on the Spanish side and walk in!

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Neal Shah

Thanks for the help. I'm meeting a buddy of mine in Barcelona and we're trying to decide whether to check out Southern Spain or Northern Spain. I think we're really in it to check out the culture during the day and check out the nightlife at nights.<BR><BR>