Sorrento Italy to Lisbon Portugal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2008, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have suggestions or information on going from Sorrento to Lisbon?

Whichbudget.com shows that Easyjet flies to Lisbon, departing however from Milan. I am not able to find information on whether there are flights that leave from Rome, or better still, from Naples.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 12:38 PM

TAP flies LIS-FCO four times a day, codesharing with AirOne. Alitalia once a day.
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks; I also found that on the www.kayak.com website. I have also send a message to whichbudget so that they can update their information because the TAP flights are not listed in whichbudget.

Old Feb 21st, 2008, 01:31 PM

TAP is a full service legacy airline, not a budget airline. It is therefore not listed on whichbudget.com.
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 04:43 PM

Easyjet does not fly direct from NAP to LIS, but you could piece together a trip with a change in MXP, GVA, BSL, or a couple others.

I just did a quick search on a random date on TAP. What appeared to be full-fare coach, one way, was €530 for NAP-LIS, with a change in BLQ. That's hardly cheap, but it is possible to get to Lisbon semi-directly from Naples. Dig around, I'm sure that there has to be a cheaper TAP fare than that.

I didn't want TAP, but that's where Portugalia Airlines' website redirects to and Google does not list a direct link for Portugalia -- www.pga.pt does not pop up in Google. Did TAP buy out PGA? (Maybe I should ask this on the Portugal forum...)

If nothing else, you can always swim from the Capo di Sorrento. Your luggage might get wet though. 8-)
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks - I did book TAP from Rome to Lisbon. It costs only 140e + tax = 180e. It is about the same price as flying Easyjet from Naples - change plane in Lodon - to Lisbon.

TAP's regular fare is ~450e. Fortunately the day I wanted to travel (Tues) their price is 140e (& 80e for the 1st & 4th flight), if I had wanted to fly that Thursday then it is 450e for all 4 (daily) flights.

From Sorrento to Rome it's only a 3.45 hour Marozzi bus ride.