Search

Sorrento Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 07:01 PM
blemke

Sorrento Hotels

Hello,<BR>I would like to know which one of these hotels is closer to town centre Hotel Minerva or Villa Maria in Sorrento?<BR><BR>thanks

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 06:38 AM
liz

In my view the Villa Maria is the closest to the town centre (Piazza Tasso). We have stayed there several times and find it a very comfortable and pleasant little 3 star hotel. You turn left out of the hotel's main entrance then immediately right and you're in the main street (Corso Italia). Just stroll along for about 5 minutes and you're in the centre, having passed some lovely shops on the way! Hope this helps; Liz

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 06:48 AM
kav

Not knowing the Hotel Minerva I can't compare but we did enjoy the Villa Maria when we stayed for 10 days in 1997.<BR><BR>Location is great as it's minutes into the most central area and yet those extra few minutes walk mean it's in a quieter location.<BR><BR>The rooms are pleasant and the pool also nice.<BR><BR>Don't eat there. The food when we went was NOT representative of the wonderful dining we experienced in Sorrento.<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 08:27 AM
sandi

I agree w/ Kavey. It's a clean, decent hotel that centrally located and is very affordable. The rooms have a small balcony that overlook the bay of Naples and Vesuvius. But the food...leaves a lot to be desired.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 09:49 AM
elizabeth

You might also consider Hotel Tonerella just a short distance up the hill (5 minutes) from Hotel Minerva. They also have balcony rooms with the bay view of Vesuvius. If you don't want to walk, they have a bus, but we didn't mind the walk at all. Both Tonerella and Minerva have excellent food. We were there Sept 2002 so this is current info. A lovely spot..be sure to see the Amalfi Coast...absolutely breathtaking......also a short train ride to Pompeii and keep yourselves informed about the frequent strikes the Italians stage if you are using the trains......elizabeth

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 10:55 AM
sera

I've stayed at both la tonnarella and the minerva and they're across the road from each other. Liked them both. Minerva has the added attraction of a wonderful rooftop pool with incredible views.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 02:22 PM
peter

another vote for the tonnarela. good location great views, quite and dthe dinning room was very good. see if they stiull have the baby octopus that was fantastic

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 09:25 PM
blemke

Hi,<BR>Thank all of you for your great information