Hotel with sea view in Sorrento area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a somewhat reasonably priced hotel with a sea view in the Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello area. By reasonably priced I mean around 250 E a day. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Jgrace
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 09:59 AM

My dear, the Excelsior Vittoria is the best hotel there; I patronise it whenever I'm in town, the rooms, the views couldn't be any better. You can't fail to be impressed!
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 10:01 AM

We love the Bellevue Syrene in Sorrento. Depending on the time of year, it may meet your budget needs. It's a beautiful hotel right on the cliff overlooking the Bay of Naples. Rooms were clean, spacious & beautiful. Some have small terraces with doors that open facing the water. Staff was pleasant and helpful too. We have found Sorrento to be a good homebase for exploring the Amalfi coast as well. www.bellevuesyrene.it Trish
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 10:04 AM

For food go to a 2star hotel - they serve very simple, very classic, very good food. If you are not after a rich meal and want some basic Italian fare then try and see what a cheap hotel will do for you!
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 10:14 AM

I second the Excelsior Vittoria. It is in a perfect location. Sitting out on the terrace after a day of sightseeing is wonderful.

The walkway up to the hotel is treelined and you feel as if you are entering another world.

It is also walking distance from the train station.
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 12:34 PM

Look into the Capo la Gala, a hotel cut into a cliffside. It's convenient to Sorrento and the rest of the Amalfi coast, true a bit off the beaten path, but with views of the same ocean that the 3 stars demand hundreds of dollars more for. there's a pool and private beach too! My best friend honeymooned here and raved about it. www.capolagala.com
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 12:38 PM

The Excelsior Vittoria is a beautiful hotel, but I very much doubt you can nab a room there in season for $250.

We stayed at the Hotel Tramontano last July, a 4-star just up the block, and a bit closer to town than the Bellevue Syrene. Also about $75/night cheaper then the Syrene. We had a comfortable if unremarkable room with a huge killer-view terrace overlooking the Bay of Naples. Plus the hotel had a small, but useable swimming pool. I would definitely stay there again. Just skip the food and head straight to Antica Trattoria or Luna Due!

Have a great time!
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 02:07 PM

Good evening, jgrace
Some yearw ago we stayed at theBELLEVUE SYRENE Hotel in Sorrento
it is in the Pza della Vittoria which is about one full block from the Pza
Tasso the center of town. The Excelsior is just across the Pza Tasso
The Bellevue Syrene is a four star hotel with 65 rooms, naturally sea view rooms, the Bay of Naples, Naples and Vesuvio...Stayed there but one night but was a wonderful view...
Was very satisified and hope to return
someday. Richard of LaGrange Park, IL.
Old Apr 26th, 2004, 10:12 AM

Would second Weadles' post. We had a great room w/balcony & breath-taking Mediterranian view... The Tramontano is a good hotel and a great base for the Amalfi Coast/Capri/Pompeii/Naples. We did all in 3 days. Trained in...drove out.