Sorrento Hotel Location

Search

Sorrento Hotel Location

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorrento Hotel Location

When in Sorrento, I am deciding whether to stay in the city center (Via San Cesareo) or up on the hill, which I beliebe is the Priora area.

Any recommendation of which are would be best for a four night stay in October?
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 04:47 PM

Well being u on the hotel is a PIA for geting anywhere. Can't somment specifically - since don;t know th hotel - but I do know that some up the hill provide shuttles into town.

(The only place we stay there is the Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria - which is right in the center of town - but in a really pretty garden/grounds - and overlooking the Bay of Naples) so you don't feel closed in.
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 08:08 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
It's hard to say without knowing which hotels. I wouldn't think any hotel (can't be many) on Via San Cesareo would have views. Does that matter to you? The street is one down from the main street through Sorrento. It's really a narrow alleyway. Lots of shops and foot traffic.
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 11:24 AM

Well, we really enjoyed our stay at Il Nido, which located about 10 minutes up the hill. The views from the room balcony overlooking Sorrento and all of the Bay of Naples were wonderful, the shuttle bus to/from town was very convenient, the restaurant in the hotel had a lovely breakfast buffet, and the rates were pretty moderate, considering the seaview (100 euro/nt in 2009 for double room with bath).
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 12:23 PM

We've stayed in both the city center and up the hill. I'll take up the hill anyday. We had 4 couple staying at Hotel Bristol and the view blew us away.

It was a short walk into town with plenty of restaurants in the area. We never had dinner at the hotel but the breakfasts were outstanding. All the staff were very helpful.
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 05:25 AM

We spent several nights about 6 months ago at Villa Monica high up in the hills. Getting there is QUITE a procedure BUT the proprietor of this lovely and very small (3 rooms) B&B shuttles his guests at specified hours of the day and eve back and forth from the guesthouse to the city and goes out of his way to make you comfortable.

Rooms are lovely and comfortable, each one has a gorgeous view of the bay high up from above, breakfast is large and varied and delicious. And Pasquale, the owner, is right on with all of his recommendations for restaurants, etc. Very highly recommended !!
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 05:32 AM

Sounds like it depends on exactly how far up the hill the hotel is - and what service they have for getting down into the town - and more important back up the hill.

And you can get great views from hotels IN the town - there are several on the cliffs facing out over the Bay of Naples with great views. But might not be your price point.