Reload this Page >

Some cost questions on Stockholm / Copenhagen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Jynne Dilling

My husband and I have been wanting to take a week long trip to Scandanavia, but we worry about it being prohibitively expensive. Right now the best airfare I am finding from NYC is around $650 a person, which is what I expected. But I am wondering about other costs: does anyone know how much the train between Stockholm and Copenhagen costs, which we would need to take round trip? And out of Stockholm, should we book one of these tourist-catered two or three day cruises through the fjords, or just wait until we get to Stockholm and find a boat cruise at that time? - and what's a reasonable price to pay, or a cruise you would recommend? thanks so much!

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 02:03 PM
ttt

yyy

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Don

Train ticket between Cph. and Sto. was about $93 one way if I recall correctly from last Summer. I think you will find more dramatic fjord scenery in Norway, especially the west coast. But from Stockholm, consider the overnight cruise to Helsinki. From there maybe Talinn Estonia or St. Petersburg.<BR><BR>I believe that Exepedia.com has 15% reduction with SAS currently.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 03:26 PM
Mara

Finnair has an ad in the NY Times today for a $529 roundtrip (w/o taxes) to Stockholm, Oslo or Copenhagen - good for travel thru May 15 - website www.us.finnair.com

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Boots

With one week for Stockholm and Copenhagen, I would not take a 2-3 day cruise. There is too much to see in both of these grand cities. There are no fjords near Stockholm, but you would have a lovely cruise through the skerries, rock islands scattered everywhere in the archipelago. If you want to go to sea, I would suggest you allot only a day for that. If you are comfortable going without hotel reservations, an office in the railroad stations of both cities can find accommodations for you. If you have a choice, stay in Gamla Stan (The old city) in Stockholm and near the Radhuspladsen (City Hall) in Copenhagen. Boots

Old May 3rd, 2002, 06:02 PM
ttt

ttt

Old May 13th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Keri

you can find info about trains at<BR><BR>--scanrail.com<BR>--http://bahn.hafas.de/english.html<BR>--ricksteves.com (has a free railpass guide!)