Sojurn tours to Turkey

Jan 18th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Sojurn tours to Turkey

Has anyone ever taken a Turkey tour organized by Sojurn Turkey Custom Travel?
We are planning a trip this coming Sept. and are looking for a small group tour or a customized itinerary. We cannot find much information on the Internet on this agency.
Jan 18th, 2013, 04:33 PM
kja

Are you fully committed to joining a tour? Many of us have found it very easy to travel independently in Turkey.
Jan 18th, 2013, 05:54 PM

I'd agree with kja. Unless you like taking tours, Turkey's major tourists sights are easy to arrange on your own. You can drive or flying around Turkey for less than $60 dollars in some cases. Day guides can always be hired and there are usually guides in front of all the tourists attractions.
Jan 21st, 2013, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

I know we can do it ourselves but I figure that by enlisting the help of an agency, I might avoid bad choices of accommodations, get good guides and references for meals and activities. I usually plan our own tours, but last year we used Jayway Travel for a Czech Republic/Poland trip. We were very pleased and thought it would be easier on us to go that route again. I am wary because of the different language and alphabet.
Jan 21st, 2013, 03:58 PM

Where did you get this agency's name?
Mar 24th, 2013, 10:30 AM

http://turkishtourguide.webs.com/

For your Dalı'ya tours in istanbul pls Contact me
Mar 24th, 2013, 02:53 PM

Jswal, I do not know what alphabet you use but Turkey uses the Latin alphabet, as in English, just with the addition of a few more letters.

Agencies usually herd people to standard touristy restaurants and standard hotels rather than special eateries and boutique hotels. So, unless you are taking an expensive cultural tour, you will be missing out on a great deal of excellent food and some interesting accommodation.
Mar 25th, 2013, 09:50 AM

Dear Jswal,
Me and my husband just returned from long Turkey trip. I would say it was fantastic ! We did Istanbul-Pamukkale - Ephesus - Capadoccia. All this tour was excellently planned by tour company and excellent guide ! Prices were very affordable ( even in price was included our lunch )The company is highly suggested.Please see tripadvisor link http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attract...ean_Coast.html This company was suggested by our friends and I would say they are worth every penny !
Apr 3rd, 2013, 01:36 AM

First, let me say how happy and pleased I have been with all my interactions with Sojourn. Yasemin has been very helpful and responsive to my every question and desire. Based on that experience, I would be happy to recommend Sojourn to anyone. I did a lot of research into Sojourn before contacting you (Sojourn) ; and based on that research and my own experience, I could not be happier.
J.G. USA