Notices

info about tours to eastern Turkey

Old May 25th, 2002, 07:35 PM
dsheppard

info about tours to eastern Turkey

Has anyone gone to Turkey with Treasures of Turkey, Adventures Abroad, or Cultural Folk Tours International? All three offer fall trips to eastern Turkey. How do I choose?

Old May 26th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Murat

I have come accross all the names mentioned. I just want to ask is treasures of Turkey branch of Tauck World Discoveries ?

I do not want to give a suggestion here on the companies, since I am in the tourist business and now those operators but would advice you to check itineraries carefuly, compare the hotels they stay, extra costs may involve in the tours, max.number of persons allowwed in one group ( less is better, you receive better attantion and more cosy etc.)which areas in East Turkey they cover. After you do the study compare the values & prices according what you have been offered. Call them if you have spesific questions.

Good Luck

Old May 26th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Ross Bernard III

Well, to choose, you must pick one choice out of 2 or more choices. Simple?

Old May 26th, 2002, 06:58 AM
abc

dsheppard,

To go to Turkey with these travel agency is not problem the problem is which travel agency in turkey they are working with. As far as I know Cultural Folk Tour has own tour operator in Turkey, the others using tour operators in Turkey. If I were you I would choose Cultural Folk Tour. Tour scheledue are same the hotels are same (similar because in the east there is not enough hotels) but you can ask if they are staying in DEDEMAN in Diyarbakir (this is tricky question) means they are the best and also you can ask their GUIDE you may get some informtaion about the guide they will provide for you. The guide graduated from The Ministry of Tourism is not make tour guide "good" or "best". You may also ask if they are going to "ZEUGMA" this is another tricky question to learn which is better then other.
I think these information is enough to choose one of the agency. If NOT write again

ABC

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:20 AM
isa

Another criteria to use followinf ABC message is : does the itinerary include Hasankeyf and Ani?

Isabelle
http://davrazia.free.fr

Old May 28th, 2002, 12:51 PM
abc

You are GREAT ISA YES I AGREE WITH YOU. Hasankeyf is another HINT to get better service, But every agency have to go to ANI, If they don't THAT IS THE BIG PROBLEM!!! (which means that agency doesn know anything)

ABC