So Calif Fodorites

Aug 22nd, 2000, 12:33 PM
Art

So Calif Fodorites

After reading posts about east coast fodorites getting together both here and abroad, I thought that we might do the same thing here in the LA area. How about a potluck. I can volunteer my home as being somewhat central (Long Beach) or I am opoen to anyones suggestion. We could do a barb-a-que with different people bringing there favorite european dishes that they have learned to make. My specialty is English Trifle.

Aug 22nd, 2000, 12:44 PM
Thyra

Art, sounds great, hope more So. Cal's can make it. Give a date and, pending our trip overseas, We will be there (though I am not such a great cook, can I bring some kind of European coffee or plastic ware?). Thyra from Hollywood.

Aug 22nd, 2000, 05:25 PM
xxxxxxx

Aug 22nd, 2000, 09:28 PM
Charles

I live in S.O.C and would be interested. I could bring a spaghetti sauce my daughter learned from her landladyin Formia, Italy.

Aug 23rd, 2000, 08:06 AM
Diane

Art-- Fantastic idea! Count me in, except for the month of September. I'll be in Spain. Adios.

Aug 23rd, 2000, 09:10 AM
Robin

I'm local too, and I got some wonderful French recipes from the chef on a recent barge trip. I think it would be a kick to put faces to names. You can email me directly as dates come together.

Aug 23rd, 2000, 11:12 AM
luigi

Art,
I live in Arcadia, just a couple of freeways from LB. Keep me posted when you get a firm date, also.
Ciao,
luigi

Aug 23rd, 2000, 03:29 PM
Art

Good response 6 so far. Any more??
It looks like some of us are traveling during September. Ann, I'll also be in Spain during the first 2 weeks.
Does anyone have a problem with October?
Early or Late?
Should be fun placing faces with names!

Aug 23rd, 2000, 03:41 PM
Diane

Art-- I daresay you'll probably get a lot more takers (after they get home from work.) Re: October--later is better for me, but I'm flex. Thanks, Diane (not Ann.)

Aug 23rd, 2000, 03:49 PM
Thyra

We will be in Greece from October 5th through the 23rd, but I think that still leaves a week or 2 at the end.

Aug 23rd, 2000, 03:50 PM
Thyra

At the end of the MONTH that is....

Aug 24th, 2000, 10:36 AM
luigi

Art,
We leave for Italy 23 October and get back 3 November. So, depending on what you meant by late October, that won't work for us. Given all of our travel schedules, this could be harder than arranging the trip to Europe! ;-)
luigi

Aug 24th, 2000, 12:30 PM
Art

Thanks Luigi and Diane for your responses. (Sorry about renaming you diane). I guess that we are lucky, having the best weather in the would year round. Would early november work for everyone??

Aug 24th, 2000, 12:31 PM
Robin

I'm in, and if the travelers can come, maybe we'll have photos to look at!

Aug 24th, 2000, 12:32 PM
Thyra

Early November works for me, maybe I will be able to cook something by then.

Aug 24th, 2000, 03:50 PM
luigi

That sounds good to me. If it is on 11/11 or later, I will probably have my photos developed and maybe even in an album.

Aug 24th, 2000, 04:20 PM
observer

This thread is so typically So. Californian. SET A DATE, INVITE PEOPLE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME -- THOSE WHO CAN'T MAKE IT - CAN'T MAKE IT: TOO BAD, SO SAD!
You can't please all of the people all of the time. (Especially down there).

Aug 24th, 2000, 04:21 PM
Buyer

Observer, just shut up and provide water, since you are not invited!

Aug 24th, 2000, 05:48 PM
Bill

These really are typical southern california responses, because we care about each other down here. Everything's a happy happening.

Aug 24th, 2000, 05:51 PM
russ i

Art,

3 things:

1) Great idea. I'm in the San Fernando Valley. Count me in.

2) Any before October 14 or after November 5th is great for me.

3) Inspite of what Observer says, I lived in Italy for 2 years and NOBODY takes longer than Italians do to plan a date.

P.S. I'll be happy to provide some cucina Italiana.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO