Search

Snorkel gear

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 10:39 AM
snorkel one

Snorkel gear

Looking forward to some snorkeling while in Turkey. Will be on Med and Agean coasts. Trying to keep luggage down to a minimum. Should we take our own snorkel tube and mask or can these be rented? Not taking fins, will do without or rent if possible but the mask and snorkel can make it an enjoyable or miserable experie;nce.<BR>Also, what kind of suites do the men wear? European speedo or American baggy?

Old May 8th, 2002, 10:50 AM
sinan

Dear SNORKEL,<BR><BR>You don't need any snorkel and tube the place you are going. You will find there and you can rent very reasonable price. Any suite you want there is no rule but last year was American baggy.<BR>If you have any question write me<BR><BR>HAVE A NICE DIVING and SNORKELING<BR><BR>Sinan Akdeniz

Old May 8th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Mike

Can't say anything about Turkey, as I haven't been, but spent a few days in Capri last fall. Being an avid diver, I was eager to go snorkeling, but they wanted L20,000 ($10) for an afternoon's rental of mask/snorkel/fins at Marina Piccola. Compared to the price of everything else, this was exorbitant. I ended up just buying a pair of swimming goggles for less than $5. It was not nearly as enjoyable as swimming around with a full set of snorkel gear, but it worked well enough (and I left the goggles with our hotel manager, so future guests could use them).<BR><BR>While you may very well be able to rent your equipment in Turkey at a reasonable price, you might take along a set of swimming goggles as a "backup," since the extra weight/space required is negligible.

Old May 8th, 2002, 01:08 PM
diver ed

It's been my experience that rental masks are often ill-fitting and cheap. Nothing will run a beautiful snorkeling experience quicker than a leaky mask. I always take my own mask and rent snorkel and fins wherever I go.

Old May 9th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Snorkel one

Thanks for the good advice to my questions. Will take the mask and snorkel and probably the baggy suit, since I/m 62, the speedo days are probably best left behind me.