Reload this Page >

SNCF ticket retrieval without eticket option only kiosk

Old Jun 9th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I am trying to book tickets from Nice to Lyon and then Lyon to Strasbourg on the sncf website. I was able to purchase 2 adult perm tickets for Lyon to Strasbourg and selected print at home. However, the Nice to Lyon perm tickets only have mail delivery or retrieval at automated ticket machine. Am I able to purchase the ticket online and select automated ticket machine retrieval but go to the ticket office since I do not have a chip and pin card? I have checked other dates and Nice to Lyon perm fare only gives those two delivery options, but if I select the higher fare, there is an additional option to pick up at a train station.
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 04:44 AM

I have read that it is always possible to retrieve tickets at a ticket window, even if that option isn't listed; but I've never done so. However, it seems logical to me. If a ticket machine were out of order, passengers must have some other way to retrieve their tickets.
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 05:08 AM

You can get the tickets at a staffed booth. Be sure to allow
plenty of time as lines can be long. You will also need the same credit card you used to make the online purchase. Even if it has expired and been replaced with a new one... take the exact card along.

You should also be able to pick up the ticket as above at any SNCF station or boutique in advance, not necessarily in Lyon.
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 05:56 AM

For Nice, try to use the in town boutique at 2 rue de la Liberte if you are staying in the city. http://aide.voyages-sncf.com/points-de-vente-sncf. Nice station is busy, yet with insufficient number of ticket windows for the traffic, and the ticket windows queue felt especially long.
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 06:40 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I find train tickets going from one country to another country usually require retrieval at a station in the departing country (you always want to use the departing country website to book). You usually get a list of station to choose your retrieval station.
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies. I will try to pick up at in the Nice town boutique as I will be staying in Nice for a week. I have heard about the wait time for ticket windows at the train station being extremely long.
When I emailed SNCF about eticket availability for Nice-Lyon, they told me that not all routes offer etickets, and that is one of them.