Trenitalia ticket question

Old Apr 7th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trenitalia ticket question

First I appreciate all the help first!

Second. I can finally purchase the train ticket I want from Trenitalia.com, however, since I am going from Nice to Genova it says I cannot pick up the ticket from departure station. When I move towards purchase on the website, it says that I will pick the tickets up with no ticketless option. Should I just give up an purchase there or that station in Nice still help me with Trenitalia purchased tickets. I really appreciate an insights! Thanks!
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 01:01 PM

Since you haven't yet actually hit the buy button, entered your credit card information and hit "go," you may be overly optimistic in believing that you can finally buy your tickets.

The vast majority of folks on this site who are trying to purchase from the states prior to their trips, have found it nearly impossible to actually complete the transaction. There are some exceptions, but I wouldn't hold my breath hoping I'd be one of them.

Considering this issue and the problem with actually getting a ticketless option on the train you want, I'd say wait until you get there.
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 01:05 PM

And since your ticket is not for travel solely in Italy, I don't think you should rely on the website. If you will be in Nice for any length of time before the train trip, buy the tickets there.
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 01:07 PM

You can call sncf direct.

011 33 892353539 There is an English option. I just called them last week for reservation on an overnight train.
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 02:42 PM

If you buy a ticket from Trenitalia, you can only pick it up at an Italian station. Nice station is run by the SNCF.
You should buy the ticket from the SNCF and the easiest way to do this is from the station when you get to France.
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 04:28 AM
ira

Hi F,

You don't want to buy a Nice/Genoa ticket from Trenitalia unless you can get it in Italy.

If you want to buy it online, you do it from www.vayages-sncf.com.

They have 15E PREMS fare. You can collect your ticket at any train station or SNCF boutique in France.