SNCF/Printing at Home

Mar 3rd, 2014, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

SNCF/Printing at Home

Trying to book a train from Lyon to Beaune on May 31. Because there are no Prems available I can't print any e-tickets. Only option is to have them delivered. I'm in Canada and have done the "trick" to choose Antartica to avoid the inflated prices. What does one do now?
Mar 3rd, 2014, 08:07 AM

It is a long weekend and PREMs if offered at all, went away within first few hours. I had to settle for discounted Loisir for the same weekend. I chose pick up at SNCF station/boutique tickets at www.capitainetrain.com.
Mar 3rd, 2014, 08:12 AM

Lyon to Beaune is probably by non-TGV trains which probably have a fairly flat fare structure - just buy that ticket in Lyon - never a problem getting on those trains. Why hassle with all the pre-ordering unless you can save a lot which in this case I doubt.

www.bahn.de/en says a direct train leave Lyon every hour at :16 after the hour and these are regional trains - no fare savings or very little. Just buy that ticket IMO in Lyon and save hours of hassle and worry.
Mar 3rd, 2014, 09:10 AM
ira

What Pal said.
Mar 3rd, 2014, 10:02 AM

If you have already purchased tickets, you may pick them up at any SNCF service window or boutique, at any convenient time before departure. You will need to present, for the agent´s inspection, the exact same credit card you used for the purchase as well as the reservation number. The agent will cross check the numbers of the credit card you present with those of the credit card used at purchase.

If you have a chipped credit card, you might be able to use one of the ticket kiosks to pickup the tickets.

If you want to take one of the direct TER trains, there is no compelling reason to purchase tickets in advance. However, if you want to take one of the trains with a TGV leg such as a departure at 06h00 08h04, 09h54, 10h04, 11h51, 16h04, or the 18h04, you will need to purchase tickets as soon as possible as seats are limited on these trains.
Mar 3rd, 2014, 10:08 AM

The regional trains only take 1 h 42 minutes and the relatively few incvolving TGV take 1 h 34 minutes plus you have to change once on those I believe.

Just buy the ticket once in Lyon.
Mar 3rd, 2014, 11:06 AM

The TER trains have no reservations and do not require advance purchase.