Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Smartours-Magical Ireland- loved Belfast!

Old Jul 18th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just returned from Magical Ireland with Smartours. Our first trip with them. No complaints at all. Great hotels. The tour guide and driver are the same which is really nice! He told Irish jokes, and was excellent. They farm out the tour to Abbey Tours. You are on your own forall lunch and 1/2 of the meals which is also nice. Had plenty of free time on your own. Only had two optional tours which is good.

HIGHLIGHT: Belfast! Favorite part of trip. Don't take a tour with a company that doesn't do Belfast. The Titanic experience as they call it was amazing. Totally impressive. Also loved the dog working the sheep thing.

Bottom line is that we enjoyed the tour. Lots of driving so had time to socialize and snooze. Didn't need extra time in any of the places we went. Lots of green, cliffs and water. Mainly a scenery trip. People in Ireland were super friendly and nice, food really good, and loved the pubs.

I would recommend the Magical Ireland tour with Smartours. Some folks on our bus had takesn like 6-9 trips.
Old Jul 18th, 2014, 04:51 PM

I am so looking forward to Belfast. I was so excited when they announced on the news this week that Virgin Atlantic was going to fly from Orlando to Belfast BUT only on Thursdays and only for June and July next year. UGH. I will fly to Dublin.
Nice that you enjoyed the tour.
Old Jul 18th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

BTW, not pushing the tour company. I couldn't find anything on it when doing my research so just did a quick post on it incase anyone is interested in the tour. I'll be happy to answer any questions.
Old Jul 18th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Make sure you do the Titanic experience! It's amazing and the street with all of the art. I still have jet lag so not thinking sharp. However, if I don't post it now I might not so just wanted to report in on the tour quickly.
Old Jul 18th, 2014, 07:07 PM

There was a Smartours group on our Danube River cruise. They all seemed to really like their tour director.