Sleepinitaly.com questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2003, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A number of people here have raved about Sleepinitaly.com, and I have been trying to work with them on a week rental in Rome and a week rental in Venice next summer. But I seem to be having some problems.
I filled out their availability request form for an apartment in Rome (Via di Panico recommended by a poster here), and got back a yes and a contract, but no answers to a couple of specific questions I asked. In addition, although on the website it shows a weekly rate which is better than the nightly rate, their return email only shows a contract price as 7 times the nightly rate -- 120 euros higher that the weekly rate would be. I emailed them again and asked about that, but it has been a week and I haven't heard. Meanwhile I sent them another email saying that I had that confirmation for the one apartment, but I also explained my specific preferences and asked if there was another apartment that might fit my needs better or one I should consider. All I got back was an email telling me to get any information I needed to fill out the availability form and they could respond. So I guess there is no "human contact" answering specific questions or offering help?

I also emailed the availability form for their Chiesa della Salute apartment in Venice over a week ago and have not gotten any response at all on that.

Any suggestions? Actually I've also received an OK availability for palazzo-olivia.it which I may now prefer for Rome anyway, and they have been very gracious in answering my questions.
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 07:01 AM

My experience with Sleepinitaly was much different. I got prompt e-mail replies. I did call twice however. I spoke with Guilia (who also answered my e-mail messages). I would suggest calling if you still want the sleepinitaly apartments but understand why, under the circumstances, you are tempted to try elsewhere. Hope things improve. The apartment I booked met my expectations and all of my questions were correctly answered. One set of answers took a few days to come because Guilia had to check with the owner as she had not seen the property herself (someone else there had and was away).
Good luck.

Tory
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 04:50 PM

Hi Patrick, Wow I'm sorry you've had so much trouble with communications about the rentals.

I would really like to talk with you because I am that Fodor's poster who was talking about Via di Panico - I was trying to book that apartment for 3 weeks in May 2004 and was told the owner may not rent next year. I was really sad because it's a great place and we ended up having to rent 2 others to accomodate my group. Also I was very surprised to hear you got a confirmation on that apartment. What are the dates you are going - I'm wondering why they told me that info if you've booked it?!

Anyway if you took it I'm happy for you and if you want to contact me I can tell you more specifics. I know sometimes the translation english/Italian can get lost in the e-mails with that agency but I have had very good luck with them as you know.
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 04:58 PM

Hey Patrick - sorry I hit post before I was finished writing.

Anyway I would love if you would e-mail you about your stay there in Rome and Via Panico details. Sounds like you'll be going around the same time as me and I picked the same area too because I enjoyed it so much.

Also I saw your post on the apartment in Venice and Paris those look fantastic! Sounds like we like similar areas and also the apartment life vs. hotels.

Take care, Eileen
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Actually this afternoon I finally did receive another response from Guilia regarding the Rome apartments, but he still didn't answer my basic question about other similar apartments. Instead it was merely a repetition of the printed facts regarding the Via Panico apartment. Meanwhile, I today confirmed a reservation with www.palazzo-olivia.it for the one bedroom, fourth floor apartment called Basilio. I like the location better and the building and apartment seem to have more style.
In Venice, I'm now awaiting an answer from the man who owns the independent apartment on Terra Foscarini in Dorsoduro which was highly recommended here last year. It is somewhat small, but has a great location behind the Accademia, has a great "walk-in" shower (a high priority with me) and is only 665 euro per week. Now as long as I hear from them. The sleepinitaly apt. at Maria del Salue is still an option, but over 1000 euro per week, and I don't have anything definite from them anyway.
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 11:23 AM

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the responding back. I had looked at those apartments too and feel glad that I got the two On Via Di Coronari set, they are through the sleep site. I just wasn't sure why sleepinitaly told me Via Panico wasn't renting if they had ok'd it with you, hmmmm? It was my first choice, I loved it when I stayed b-4... So hope you have a great trip and I may even wander past you and won't know who you are ; ) My sisters and I are there May 3 to the 20th.

Take care, Eileen
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 12:12 PM

Is that Lamberto Deho's apartment you're looking to rent in Venice, Patrick?
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Yes, in fact today I confirmed the booking with Mr. Deho.

Sleepinitaly.com informed me that the Venice apt. called Chiesa della Salute is not available for "advance rentals" whatever that means. They offered me another apartment which was more than double the cost of the one Lamberto Deho has.

Why, Holly? Any comments on that apartment? I loved the location and although it is not nearly so "grand" as some of the others, I particularly like the walk-in shower and the location! And the price at 665 euro for the week is wonderful. Last time I paid nearly that for two nights in a hotel!

In Rome I have confirmed a booking at Palazzo-Olivia.

I will be doing these two rentals in June. Can you say, "plan ahead?"
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

ecat, (Eileen), I just realized you are the one who originally suggested the Via Panico apt. And although it was two bedrooms while I only needed one it seemed a good deal. I just liked the Palazzo Olivia one and its location better.

Although I live in a three story townhouse, one of my restrictions for an apartment was an elevator if above the second floor. You're more ambitious than I to book apartments four flights up with no elevators!! Otherwise, I too liked those apartments on Via de Coronari. Good for you!
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 03:04 PM

Hi Patrick, I know I may be crazy about those stairs but what a great workout it will be, more gelato please! Funny how when I come back from Italy I have always lost a bit of weight and feel great from all the walking...

When you are in Rome you should walk down Via Painco it's tucked away yet so close to everthing. The apartment was right by a cafe and next to a statue restoration shop which was very cool. You'll be there in June? Don't worry I'm not a stalker...

Best, Eileen