Search

veniceby.com

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
veniceby.com

Have seen this site recommended for apt rentals. Am having some trouble getting a proper response to an e-mail.
According the the website, responses are 24 hrs or less. Got a quick response initially but from a hotel that I did not write to & am not interested in. Re-did the e-mail, expressly stating only interested in the apt, no substitutes. No response.

Anybody have suggestions? Based on comments on this board, it looks like veniceby.com is a reliable site/company.
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 06:03 PM

I suspect the response is not from Veniceby.com but rather from the individual apartment renter. I personally have no experience with them--sorry.
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 06:17 AM

Would it be possible to identify the website/email for that apartment, and contact them directly?
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 07:54 AM

One approach would be to google the name of the apartment you are looking at with venice in the search. Many of these apartment rentals are available through several different agencies. Then try another group. If you can't find it, you may need to strat over.

We have had good luck with this agency.

www.veniceapartments.org
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:16 AM

I have booked using veniceby.com before, though it was not for an apartment. On that particular trip, we also booked other B&Bs and hotels through its sister sites (i.e. romeby.com, parisby.com, etc.) We had no problems with any of the bookings or communications.

All of our communication was through the veniceby.com website, but with the individual B&Bs.

Interesting that you got a response from a hotel that you did not send an inquiry to. I would pull up the specific apartment that you're interested in again on the website and send another email/reservation request.

If that doesn't work, I'd do a search for the apartment through another booking site, as suggested earlier.