short term apartment rentals

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2005, 03:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone rented an apartment rather than a hotel in Buenos Aires? Has anyone used Buenos Aires Habitat: http://www.buenosaireshabitat.com/about_us.php or BYT Argentina:
http://www.buenosaireshabitat.com/about_us.php
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 01:38 PM

Hi -- not sure what you mean by short-term, but my friend and I rented a 2 bedroom apartment for 1 week last month for a total of $250 (for the whole week). We were very pleased with the apt. and the rental agency -- all went very smoothly. They have many apts. to choose from. Here is the web site: http://www.bytargentina.com
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 03:51 PM

My best experience renting here was from Adelsur, www.adelsur.com

They speak fluent English which was a big plus, and on top of having a fairly easily searchable website, when I gave them a list of criteria that I wanted in an apartment they responded with exactly what I was looking for.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 06:28 PM

I rented an apartment from Alojargentina and was very pleased with the service they provided. I was guided through every step from picking my apartment to actually living in it and getting to know the area. I found their service to be truly personalized.

Booking was simple and involved an advance payment. The company had arranged for a staff member to greet me at the apartment, so once I arrived I was informed about the area and how to use the apartments appliances and amenities. The apartment was beautiful, with tasty decor and silent. After I left I just had to send lucila my very positive feedback. I definitely recommend them.

They list their apartments at their website: www.alojargentina.com
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 12:33 AM

Two excellent choices. The two hotels are similar in terms of luxury, but different in terms of decor. I would suggest reading all the reviews on Tripadvisor.com and making up your own mind. I think you will be satisfied with either of these fine hotels.

The Abasto would have been a bad choice. Wise move to eliminate it from your list of options.

If you aren't going to return sometime soon, don't miss Iguazu...heat, humidity and all. It won't be as crowded in early-mid December as it will be during the Argentine summer, when the kids are out of school and
Argentinos are there on vacation.....
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 12:34 AM

oops, ignore this post...I posted it on the wrong thread. Sorry....I know nothing about the rental agency you are asking about....
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 09:13 AM

You can rent a really nice and very well located in Buenos Aires just for $250 per week. Go to Ba Rent Apart:
http://www.ba-rent-apart.com.ar

Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 03:56 PM

BYTArgentina has good pictures of the apartments and shows you a view out the window, unlike some other sites. Some apartments have a security person manning the front door which we found to be a plus, not only for security, but also for someone to ask for information. Our apartment, a stone's throw from Plaza San Martin and Av. Florida, cost $190 for a week and was very nice. It's nice to not have the hassle of a maid intruding every day.
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 09:14 PM
bluesky4

groro:
How did this agency handle the deposit ? Did they refund you the entire amount? Please tell me more about your experience.Do you recommand the Plaza San Martin or the San Telmo area?
Thanks
Thanks

Old Nov 28th, 2005, 04:49 PM

Our apartment was at Marcelo T. de Alvear 548, 12th floor, just a few steps from the north end of Florida Street and Plaza San Martin. Possibly because we arrived at the appartment later in the day than the ByT rep anticipated (he allowed only an hour from our arrival to clear customs and immigration and take the Manuel Tienda bus but should have allowed twice that) the apartment owner was there when we arrived. We gave the deposit directly to him and he met us again at the end of the stay to inspect the apartment and return the entire deposit. It was very personal and friendly. We only saw the ByT guy briefly later on the day of our arrival. Plaza San Martin, at the north end of Florida Street, is situated nicely between Centro to the south and Recoleta to the northwest and Puerto Madero to the east so you easily walk to all of them. The Subte (subway) was very good for longer excursions. We thought the San Telmo area was seedy. Recoleta was disappointing, except for the cemetary, because it was mostly residential. Everywhere you walk you are breathing diesel fumes from buses, except for the pedestrian walkways (Florida Street) and the refurbished port area of Puerto Madero. The former was very touristy, but still interesting, and the later was a nice respite. The Buquebus ferry terminal to Uruguay near Puerto Madero is just a few blocks walk from Plaza San Martin. Also, many major offices--airlines, American Express (for what that's worth)--are located near San Martin. So, in retrospect, it was the best location for us.
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 07:59 AM
bluesky4

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I feel more at ease now.