Search

Skiathos to Mykonos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skiathos to Mykonos

Hi guys

Do you know how to get from Skiathos directly to Mykonos?

Is there a direct ferry?

I heard there was a Thessaloniki-Heraklion ferry that stopped in Skiathos and then Mykonos but I can't find any info on it

Any help would be appreciated

Old Apr 17th, 2007, 01:22 PM

www.gtp.gr shows one ferry on Sundays between Mykonos and Skiathos, an overnighter departing at 10:30PM and arriving at 7:10 AM. This schedule is only good until April 29. The summer schedule hasn't been released yet for that route.
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 01:34 PM

gtp.gr site is wrong, for there is NOT a ferry from anywhere except for Agios Konstantinos, Volos and Thesaloniki, to Skiathos - this time of year.
Even mid season, you will be hard pressed to find ANY ferry going from a Cycladic island to the Sporades, unless it is a very long and roundabout route, via Lindos, Chios or Lesvos.
Best bet is a ferry to the mainland and bus to Athens, or a flight back to Athens from Skiathos and then fly or ferry out from there.
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 01:39 PM

sorry.... I got the comings and goings wrong... but the same applies - it is difficult to get a ferry from Skiathos to anywhere other than Volos, Ag. Kon or Thesaloniki... and that ferry goes down after it's stop in Skiathos usually straight to Athens. In summer, perhaps, it will stop in Mykonos, but usually the stops are more functional and less touristic! (We've tried for 20 years to get a ferry connection to the Cyclades from Skiathos!)
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 02:18 PM

The ferry to which I refer actually sails between Crete and Thessaloniki and with stops at Santorini, Ios, Paros, Mykonos, Skopelos and Skiathos. Are you sure this is wrong?
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 02:25 PM

Yes, there is one ferry in a summer week that stops at Mykonos and has for a long time been running this route.

It is also not so busy and sometimes every year we think it will be stopped but not yet.

thanos
Old May 2nd, 2007, 04:48 PM

Sorry for the misinformation before.. shows what I know!!
A friend just forwarded this to me - indeed, there are 2 ferries per week!! although, that schedule apparantly is sporadic this time of year, more reliable starting mid May to early June and then through the summer.

Departures from Thessaloniki:

F/B Daliana (GA Ferries): Monday at 24.00 to Skiathos, Skopelos, Mykonos, Paros, Naxos Ios, Santorini, Herakleion.

F/B Milena (GA Ferries): Saturday at 24.00 to Skiathos, Skopelos, Alonnisos, Syros, Tinos, Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Ios, Santorini, Herakleion, Kasos, Karpathos, Rhodes.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:33 AM

It may be possible, but is it practical? Apart from the fact the ferry may not sail on the day you need to travel, it's a long voyage. Unless budget is of concern, a flight back to Athens with a connecting flight to Mykonos may be better. On the other hand, if you are flexible with dates, go for it!
Old May 21st, 2007, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

amazing info on that ferry.

problem is we are arriving to Thessaloniki at 22:00 on a Saturday ngiht and would love to get out to the Islands right away, skipping Athens. According to that schedule posted above, they leave on Sat at 24:00 which is perfect. Rather than spending a night on the train to Athens, and then a day to the Islands, we'll be at the islands in the morning.

Why not fly to Athens in the first place? Well, I'll be in Prague before and I found a flight to Thessaloniki for 0.01 + tax on SkyEurope lol

Most flights to Athens were above 80 Euros