Search

skateboarding

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 08:50 AM
christine

skateboarding

I am taking my 18 year old son on a tour of London, frankfurt, Florence, Rome and Venice in November. He wants to visit skateboard parks and meet other boarders. He is a sponsored snowboarder in Vancouver Canada. Any information or contacts?

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 06:10 AM
John

Switzerland, Austria and France as well as Scandinavia have the biggest skating scene in Europe. <BR><BR>If he is streetwise he could head to Brixton. Between Brixton and Stockwell is the Stockwell Park Estate. This has a decent skatepark. There is one in Peckham too but I think this is probably a more dangerous area. Many Americans wiould say Brixton is a dangerous place but it is not too bad, certainly no worse than the nicest parts of Harlem.<BR><BR>There are a few skate shops in London he should visit. One is Boardwise in Chiswick (near Chelsea, South Kensington etc) or there are a few around Covent Garden. He should ask at these or call them. A lot of Aussies and Europeans work in these shops (part time) and they will offer the best advice.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:33 AM
snowboarder

Hey Jen - skate boarding and snow boarding are great sports - you are the one who needs to grow up and get a life!

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:48 AM
bill

Anyone that can get a sponsorship to snowboard at age 18 is probably doing better than we were or maybe are, and at 18, who would want to grow up past that kind of fun for a while. It seems like he's is actually trying to approach this in an almost business like way. I wish him all the luck.<BR><BR>I agree snowboarder.<BR><BR>Bill

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:06 AM
UsetoSkate

I use to skate board a lot - a lot more when I was younger and could handle falling down without it taking a week to recover! In the 70's and 80's I traveled quite a bit throughout Europe and Asia and always managed to find a group of locals who would encourage me to skate with them and show them my "Californian" moves - while I of course soaked up as many of their moves as I could so I could return home and impress my friends in the US. I think your son has a talent for a sport and he should by all means do everything he can to meet others interested in boarding - who knows - he could make some great friends that way. <BR>

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:05 PM
ttt

topping

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Ben Haines

To my shame I do not know the place in Peckham. But I can add the place under the Qeen Elizabethb Hall in the new brutalisst south bank, at the southern end of Waterloo Bridge.<BR><BR>Welcome to London<BR><BR>Benn Haines