Sick but funny

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 04:31 PM
xx

Sick but funny

Where has that sick but funny post gone? Has it been deleted?

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 04:44 PM
Insider

Which one, the one about Afghans naviganting from no where to Italy, and striking the Italian Riviera??

It was deleted, I guess... So funny, yet too scaring for some...

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 08:29 PM
Bob Brown

I thought it was funny, but so many Americans are absolute fear mongers who will believe anything that I supposed it was wise for Fodors to delete it.
Considering the relative miniscule number of people infected with anthrax, the panic I have been hearing and reading about is absurd. People should get more concerned over drunk driving.
Drunks on the road will kill more in one night than anthrax will kill in a month or more. Strange set of priorities. We even think Aids is nothing to worry about.

I wonder what the answer about the answer to this question:
Which disease claimed the most vicitims this week: tuberculosis or anthrax?
I bet there were more new cases of TB, but no body hears about it because the news media is fear mongering, pure and simple. CNN and MSNBC has perfected the art of scaring us witless (where w = sh), and makes big bucks on perpetrating fear, panic, and paranoia.
Even members of Congress practice the old US Navy saying:
When in danger or in doubt,
run in circles, scream and shout.

So brother Hastert ran scared and took half of Congress with him. Brave man, he. Glad he was not in my uncle's foxhole during WW II.

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Insider

The problem is not Anthrax, is what happened on Sept, 11. Anything after that will scare people to death, even the congress men.

It seems that Americans lost temporarily their common sense, and I don't blame you. I hope there's still some sense of humor to light up this somber atmosphere.

In my view, humor is the most efficient way to bring back someone who has lost perspective, and Fodors, it seems, doesn't like it...

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 09:12 PM
Lisabeth

Bob Brown, I have to agree with you about the anthrax scare. I've never seen anything like it -- fewer than ten(?) people out of how many million have gotten this, and the media goes mad. It's pure ratings-grabbing melodrama.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 01:21 AM
fiona

If you want "funny" try the cartoon channel. In the meantime leave this forum for the grownups who are here to talk about TRAVEL!

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 06:47 AM
Huh?

If Hastert was running scared, then he is only following the example set by Bush, who went on a joy ride on Sept. 11, then made up a story about hard, credible threats to cover his behind.

Daschle for President!

There. That ought to get this thread deleted.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 08:51 AM
xxxxxxxxx

HUH?
I don't know who you are, but as "huh" you have never said anything nice about anyone or any thing. I am anonymous today, as I don't care to hear your neagative comments about me. My real name you would recognize.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 09:36 AM
Huh?

Actually, I'm not the only one who uses the name Huh?. I've never heard "xxx" say anything nice, either, BTW.

I'll say something nice about Bush if you like, though. Here goes: "Bush does NOT have anthrax."

There you go!

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 09:39 AM
another huh?

Was the taking your monkey on this thread or the Us board? Now that was funny and fun.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 10:16 AM
another xxoo

I think this should be deleted along with the rest of them. This bashing is getting out of control. Why don't you people grow up and find another forum other than Foders. Foders is a first class travel forum and we really don't want to hear who you want for president. Grow up and stick to the subject TRAVEL _ IDIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 10:20 AM
TAKE IT ELSE WHERE

MR OR MS FRANCE WHY DON'T WE TRADE PLACES - YOU COME AND LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY AND I WILL BE SAFELY TUCKED AWAY IN FRANCE WITH A SENCE OF HUMOR HA HA

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 10:26 AM
another huh

Thousands of people die of cancer and heart attacks too. Gee, I wonder if anyone with cancer was killed in the WTC? I'm sure someone did.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Yet Another Huh

The people who want to "clean up the board" and tell others to go elsewhere just crack me up. Listen to "xxoo" calling people names like a small child. Oh, brother.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 10:37 AM
xxoo

Yep your right just like a scared child living with the a pit in my stomach because I lost a loved one to this war. Maybe you should look in the mirror kiddo

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Mind

xxoo, sorry for that, but others lost loved ones, too. In fact, people die all over the world, and we are all always missing someone. BTW, in Iraq, 150.000 died during the war...

Otherwise, this is Fodors, not Foders.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 10:49 AM
xxoo

Are typo's allowed?

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 10:49 AM
fiona

to the "person" with the post on cancer and the WTC - what a sad life you obviously lead. I can imagine that you are disliked by most people and frustrated with life if this is what you resort to. You don't even have the guts to give your name.Many posts can offend people who are extra sensitive but yours has gone past that.
fodors - surely you must have a blocked senders list?

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 10:59 AM
another huh

To Fiona - I am tryig to get people to realize that this junk does not belong on Fodors. No offence - I was trying to get across to people that people die every day and the Anthrax scare is serious and has nothing to do with travel - Read some of these sick posts. I did not intend to offend cancer patients I was trying to get a point across to the other sick people. I am not an unhappy person, just trying to get travel info not crap.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 11:00 AM
xxx

To the person asking about the "monkey" post? It is alive and well on the US board. Now as far as the media and Anthrax..IMHO(which dosen't mean a hill of beans) I think the media has taken this and ran with it. And ran and ran and ran. I know this is serious. I know we have to be careful. I wish I had an answer as to how they should be handling this. Though I am sure that someone who reads this will have "all" the answers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO