Should we visit Pisa?

Search

Should we visit Pisa?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should we visit Pisa?

We will be in Florence 2 nights- is it worth visiting Pisa? If not, would you recommend staying in Florence or another day trip?
Old Nov 11th, 2017, 04:06 PM

Will you arrive in Florence early the first day and leave late the last day? Or vice versa? It makes a difference.

Are you museum people? Will you want to see the big museums in Florence? Not everyone is - I wasn't when I visited Florence. I did a quick visit to the Accademia but that was about it. So in my case, a day trip somewhere made sense. I had three nights and wound up day tripping to Pisa, Fiesole, and Siena.

Fiesole is probably the quickest day trip you can do of the ones I mentioned - just a local bus ride and a quick look at the cute town if you like. Pisa doesn't necessarily take a ton of time to see just the Tower (which I do think is worth doing, personally), though there's more to Pisa than the Tower. You could look for the occasional direct train from Florence to Pisa San Rossore station, which is a closer walk away from the Tower and Field of Mircales; most of the frequent trains that go from Florence to Pisa go directly to Pisa Centrale which is a long walk away. You can take a local bus from Pisa Centrale instead of walking if you like.

At very least in Florence, if you want a beautiful view, try to get up to Piazza Michelangelo, on the south side of the Arno in Florence - great place to get a sunset view of Florence. It's a walk up a hill or a local bus ride.
Old Nov 11th, 2017, 04:16 PM

Stay in Firenze. There is enough to keep you busy for several days.

This being said I landed in Pisa recently (may ?) and my daughters forced me (yes forced) to go to Pisa.
It was great time.
Old Nov 11th, 2017, 05:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Two nights in Florence is only one full day. I admit I am a huge fan of Florence, but I can't imagine a first-time visitor to Florence having time for Pisa.

But if Pisa is a higher priority for you than Florence, then IMO you should stay in Pisa and leave Florence for another trip or perhaps a quick stop on the way to or from Pisa.
Old Nov 12th, 2017, 02:38 AM

I was just in Pisa...stay In Florence