shopping in Rome?

Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:00 PM
Elfie

shopping in Rome?

Does anyone know if there are markets like they have in florence, but in Rome? and if so where? Thanks much.

Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:04 PM
Wendy

food markets or clothing markets? I know that there is a big produce market that happens in Campo di Fiore every morning (?)

Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:28 PM
JOdy

There's also a large food market behind Santa Maria Maggiore..ask at the tourist info booth across from the church and they'll give you more precise directions..about a 10 minute or less walk

Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:45 PM
Dale

If you want a completely crazy experience visit the Sunday morning flea market in Porta Portese (sp?). It seems that all of Rome is there. Wild.

Aug 24th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Elfie

Thanks guys for your speedy respones. I mean clothing markets. In Florence they were amazing. Lots of handbags, scarves , china, decoative pillows, tassels etc. What about knockoffs in Rome? handbags? watches? anyone know? thanks a million. I will be in Rome for only 2 nights but not over a sunday otherwise I would love to go to the flea market. I went to the one in Paris recently and that was unbelievable.

Aug 24th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Surlok

You might want to check Porta Portese market. It opens on Sundays, but get there early in the morning, as they close down at noon. Lots of everything, from furniture, old and new, to china, clothes, all kinds of.

Regards,

S