Reload this Page >

need clarification on mixed review of private transfer services for sorrento

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:08 AM
geno

there have been many mixed reviews on private transfer services. we know of many web sites, but have read some critical reviews lately of marcello maresca.<BR><BR>we are hoping to be picked up at the airport in rome by a nonsmoking, airconditioned mercedes and avoid the long train ride to sorrento.<BR><BR>can you offer first hand input on the most pleasant way to make this trip? are the critical comments of marcello accurate and fair? please let me know.<BR><BR>thanks,<BR><BR>geno

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:28 AM
laurel

I recommend Marcello Maresca's services for a pick up in Rome and a drive to Sorrento, as I successfuly used this service during my last trip there.<BR><BR>However I have heard that he is now specializing in excursions, and prefers sending other drivers to do transfers.<BR>Concerning the mixed reviews, yes, he is very talkative and can often seem self-absorbed, but he is also extremely personable and willing to please, but it is useful to know what to expect ahead of time. He is an excellent driver, but book him well in advance, he has recently said he is overbooked. Good luck.<BR><BR>Laurel

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:27 AM
xxx

i traveled to italy in early july and<BR>used the services of a company 'movartis' for a transfer from<BR>the rome airport to the east coast. <BR>i was very happy with service. the mercedes was spotless, no smoking, and<BR>the driver was very friendly and the fact that he was extremely handsome was<BR>a plus. prior to our trip, i communicated with the company quite a<BR>bit via e-mail as i had never used this<BR>type of service before; they always responded promptly and were very attentive. you may want to check them out.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:30 AM
x

Can anyone give an estimate for car service between Rome airport FCO and Naples ferry dock? Thank you

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:00 AM
Cindy

What are the prices appx. from Rome airport to Sorrento? How about limoservicerome.com?<BR>

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 05:19 PM
Andy

Geno- I use [email protected] ==that is their email address= <BR>make it to the attention of ANDREA and he will answer you within 24 hrs-<BR>You need to tell him date,time,FLight no. and no. of people.....<BR><BR>website is www.limoservicerome.com<BR><BR>I know they can pick up up outside of Customs in the Rome airport-the drivers speak English, and they pick you up in an Air Conditoned Mercedes....they also have a van for larger groups--we were 2.<BR><BR>They took us from the FCO airport into ROME and were the least expensice car service that we contacted.....they are fabulous and tons of my friends have used them since I.<BR><BR>Good Luck-- and Have a terrific trip<BR><BR>

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 05:22 PM
Andy

Geno- I just looked up their website- to pick up in Rome at the airport and go to POMPEII is 320 Euros--<BR><BR>I think they will go to Sorrento also , as that is only a short drive down from Pompeii....<BR><BR>So definitely email limoservicerome

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 06:29 AM
Rob

We used Marcello's service in May/June 2002 and were very pleased !! Marcello was not available but Marianno did an excellent job subbing for Him ...We used limo service from Rome airport arranged by our hotel..Mascagni and were pleased there also

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Sharon Feiner

Just returned from Rome and used limoservicerome for all transfers. We had a car for 5 of us from central Rome to Sorrento and it cost us 340 euros. This was one of the cheapest quotes that I got. Send e-mail to Andrea. We also had a car pick us up from Rome airport and take us to Rome. Both cars were very clean and comfortable. Would highly recommend them