Shopping for Clarks shoes London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced pair of mens Clarks shoes in London? Are the prices the same everywhere or will the same pair be priced differently depending on the shop? Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 12:59 AM
AllyPally

Hi there. My other half bought a pair recently and they seemed reasonably priced. I'm about to buy some myself because I went in recently - there is a branch around the corner from my office on Regent Street - and was amazed at how well priced they are. They are so much more stylish than they used to be.

The prices will be the same from branch to branch. I don't know of anywhere you can get discounted Clarks shoes. But, as I said, I think the prices are really good for London!

p.s. If you go to the shop on the corner of Conduit and Regent Street, there is a Church's shoe shop across the street. Have a look at the prices in there!!! Whoa!

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 01:13 AM

Hi eteo,
Its a pity your not venturing towards Bristol as Clarks have a shopping outlet village in a town called Street.
Which is just south of Bristol.
There are many different company shops there but clarks themselves have a large outlet selling reduced stuff at good prices.

http://www.clarksvillage.co.uk/

Muck
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 02:02 AM

Don't know about any particular Clark's shops in London, but look out for their last year's models and you can usually get these at half price or less and they are real bargains.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 02:10 AM

There is a Clarks factory outlet store in the Elephant and Castle shopping centre. I long ago lost track of when their regular high street stores (there's a big one on Oxford St) have sales).

I like them because they have such broad fittings. Their website strikes me as singularly unhelpful, but it might be worth a try. www.clarks.com
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your quick responses. I will be touching down in 36 hours. Yippeee!!
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 03:55 AM

If your from the U.S. you can probably buy them cheaper in your hometown than you can in London.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:28 AM

Hello

I agree with mgmorgate - I can buy them cheaper here in the US then when I go back to England. LOL!

Sandy
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:52 AM
AllyPally

Actually, that is not necessarily true and something that my mother and I always argue about. A quick check of the two websites - USA and UK - indicates that a pair of mens classic black desert boots cost $89 in the US (converts to £49). In the UK, they are also £49 but this price includes 17.5% VAT

As someone who has lived on both sides of the pond, I know that this is something that overseas visitors always forget - VAT is included in all prices in the UK. What you see is actually what you pay.

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 06:32 AM

If you live in the US and you're lucky enough to have a DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse) nearby, they have a huge range of Clarke's and they ARE a better bargain then in the UK. I've been buying my Clarke's shoes there for years.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 07:36 AM

Do you really want to spend your vacation time trying to track down a pair of shoes?Please.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 09:34 AM

I always bought Clarks for my husband and me at Selfridges.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 12:34 PM

There used to be a good Clarke's store on Regent Street (on a corner, sort of across the street from that toy store - Hamley's or something....someone in London correct my mistake,here, please!)
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 05:49 PM

I buy several pairs of Clark's every year at different places in the states, including the local department stores (normally only when they're on sale), the Outlet mall, and on-line from Zappo's. But I also visit the Clark's stores when I go to London -- not because they're cheaper but the selection is different. I seldom see the styles on sale in London available here in the states. It just gives me a broader selection of my favorite shoes.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 07:13 PM

There is a Clarks shoe shop very near Selfridge's on Oxford St. I really don't think you will get any bargains there given the exchange rate. Maybe I'm assuming you are American as everyone else did, but Clarks are sold pretty cheaply at many shoe stores in the US, they are at all the discount shoe shops (DSW, Famous Footwear, often marked 1/2 price even at regular dept. stores and at Penneys, etc.). All the models won't usually be on sale at the same time in regular dept. stores, but several of them will be. YOu can get them online real cheap, also, from places like zappos.com, etc. I see them all the time for around US $35-45 (women's styles).