Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Shopping for beauty products in Rome? Need pampering!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know where I should head for some products to pamper myself with (or where to get some quick pampering... manicure, pedicure etc.)? I'm looking for products of any price range. <BR><BR>Thanks!!!
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 05:41 AM
aj

I went into several drug stores in Rome and their beauty products looked interesting. I guess they may not be as upscale as you are looking for but the drug stores have a lot to offer.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 06:23 AM

This is an easy one: Head for Lush near Campo Fiori. While the store appears glitzy, its hand-made products are very nice. Treat yourself to their figs-and-leaves soap. Ahhh.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 07:42 AM

At Termini Forum (upper and lower galleries)you can find: SEPHORA for perfumes and cosmetics, UPIM for clothings, make up, bath accessories etc, BOTTEGA VERDE mainly for body care. Otherwise I agree with AJ, LUSH near piazza campo dei Fiori has excellent hand made soaps and creams (bath salts, chocolate soaps, banana body creams, solid (YES) shampoos (like soap bars), etc. You can try any sampler you want, some are also in &quot;try me&quot; bags for you to take away. Try the Carmen Miranda kiwi soap, it is delicious). The classic Body Shop is on Via del Corso.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Is Termini Forum the train station or a separate shopping area? Sounds like some of the shopping I'm interested. Could get SOME of that kind of shopping done early and not torture the hubby TOO much!
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 11:19 AM

Yes, Termini Forum is Termini Station shopping centre and it is IN the Station. There is the upper gallery which leads to the train platforms and which has shops like a bookstore, Benetton, McDonalds, a self service restaurant, some italian-style bars where to get a coffee as the italians do (that is standing up and gulping it heheheheh), newsagent booths etc. Then the lower gallery (as long as the Station, that you can reach through steps) has plenty of shops (Swatch, Sephora, Bottega Verde, Etam, a minimarket, a couple of banks, a pharmacy, another Mc Donalds, Pizza Hut, Lindt fabuolous chocolate shop, Ferrari gadget shop, an internet point, a book store etc) I personally spend a lot of time at SEPHORA, which has a wide choice of perfumes, make up, creams (BIotherm, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Shiseido, Lancaster etc), plus items for manicure and pedicure.<BR> If you need some other info dont hesitate to ask (I adore this kind of shopping too!)<BR>