Rome - Shopping with Teenagers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family is making a return trip to Rome. My late age teenagers (one boy + one girl) would like to do some shopping while there. Via Condotti is obviously for window shopping, but can anyone make any suggestions for shopping (clothes, etc.) for teens for items not available in the USA at reasonable prices? Thanks!
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 11:09 AM

There are a lot of clothes that would appeal to teens in the shops on via del Corso, at the end of the street closest to Piazza di Popolo. Also around via del Tritone. There's a cool and reasonably priced jewelry shop on via delle Carrozze which is always one of my haunts when I'm in Rome. Also, the underground shopping in the Termini Statione is really pretty good for teens. I bought make-up & perfume in a duty-free shop in FCO while waiting for my departing flight.

Buon Viaggio!
BC
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 02:18 PM

Actually ALL along Via del Corso there are lots of shops for youths. Towards Piazza Venezia, near Rinascente (which is a large department store which might be ok but it tends to be pricey) there is a very trendy shop among youths called Energy.
Yes, Termini Forum is also pretty good, there is a Benetton shop on the upper level of the station Gallery (Benetton is one of the top italian brands), and then Edam for clothes, Sephora for make up and perfumes, Ricordi for records Swatch for trendy watches and all along the upper gallery there are lots of lovely shops...
I also suggest Via Nazionale which is pretty close to Termini Station and which has some interesting shops with affordable prices, but I prefer the first two areas (Via del Corso and Termini Forum)